how do i remove the Stator / Magneto

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillysno1

Reaction score
hay i need to know how to remove the STATOR and MAGNETO i got no idear if they are the same thing or what they look like and where they are. some people say they are the same whilest other say they are difrent and im new to 4stokes so im confused. i got a orion 125cc. detalied explantion would be greatly apreciated

u need a flywheel puller, other wise you wont get it. dont try and pry it off, u will kill all the electrics behind it.

aparently i can make a flywheel puller so thats not a prblem. still that dosent awnser my questions. thing is i dont know WHERE or WHAT this thins is or looks like....

Well it all depends on what bike and what motor.

The Orion Simillar to an Elstar 125cc uses a ducar motor...

Ok On the left hand side of the motor you have a sprocket cover...It is held on by form memory 3 screws once you remove them you will see you sprocket and chain magneto and under it your stator..(only remove the screws holding the cover not all.....!!!

You do need a jaw pully to remove the assembely....one bolt and than pull.
Whe you are done that the stator is mounted to a round plate with a receiver attached to it..Be carefull as the plate has a gasket that can be damaged when remooving so unless a spare one is av be careful...

What is wrong with the motor for you need to remove these parts..?
We have all the parts for these motors as well feel free to ask...link below..
Cheers Vadim

their is no spark-ive replaced the cdi and coil still no joy. also we noticed 2 grounf wiers and conectors were missing yet in the provied wiering diagrams they were their, so we replaced em all and STILL no joy. now im gona try the stator and magneto and if that dosent your i'll end back every single elctical part. and if that dosent wouk i'll send the whole friking engien back. also bike under warrnty so i get parts for free just got to pay postage

phillysno1 said:
their is no spark-ive replaced the cdi and coil still no joy. also we noticed 2 grounf wiers and conectors were missing yet in the provied wiering diagrams they were their, so we replaced em all and STILL no joy. now im gona try the stator and magneto and if that dosent your i'll end back every single elctical part. and if that dosent wouk i'll send the whole friking engien back. also bike under warrnty so i get parts for free just got to pay postage

I have a feeling your problem is not there...

From expereince on these bikes you have a short somewhere in the loom....

In fact I would say its a 50:50

Tell you what call us 0297721555 Have a voltmeter and your bike ready..

My partner will go through some test with you over the phone and we can detremine where the problem is....Its not garanteed but I will ask him to do it for free and its worth a try ...postage is Expensive..

Where was it purchased?

Cheers Vadim
Elstar Products

Latest posts

Back