how do u make a 4 stroke quiet

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shvinkty69

Reaction score
i have a orion 125cc
does anyone know how to make a 4 storke quiet

thanks

i must say what a stupid thread but ill try help u mate u can clogg your exhaust up to make it abit quiter but it will make it run like s**t there are a few ways but im not sure about them as ive never done it hopefully sum1 that know's what there talking about post's for ya gl mate

how do u make a 4 stroke quiet ?

Hit the kill switch ........ works perfectly every time ........ :p

u can get silencers but im not sure if they actualy work or if they restrict power ect.

Seriously :

That exhaust tip looks like a good idea ..... if you're gunna ride in built up areas it makes sense to quieten your bike so as to not p*ss anybody off ....... like your neighbours ........ even at the loss of a bit of power ..... otherwise your bike will be putting NO power to the rear wheel while you save up to pay off the fines the cops give you .........

There used to be pipes made by "Skyway" exhausts ....... they made 4 stroke pipes and silencers that used a spiral flute to baffle the noise ........ the idea of the spiral was to create a tornado effect which increased gas flow and velocity but concentrated it so that the sound didn't spread ......... (I read that info in an issue of US Minicycle Rider Mag)

On XR75's , they were reported to give 10 % more power (dyno test proven) whilst being quieter than stock .......... they disappeared off the scene and it seems that it had something to do with the mufflers spark arresting capabilities .....

Here's their altered and improved patent application ..... Skyway Recreation Products (Redding, CA) :

Engine muffler - Patent 4119174

http://www.patentalpha.com/chambers_cl181_sc272/engine_muffler_4119174.html]Engine muffler

Last edited:
brass fittings are a treat, get something that will fit the diameter of your exhaust, which has a reducer as such...

quiet now

here is what i used , its a sink strainer . cost under $2 made from stainless steel . there is some power loss at top end , i have since drilled the holes a bit bigger this has made an improvement its reduced the noise buy half , where i ride it needs to be quiet
any039.jpg
[/IMG].

yeah dad and i made brass fitting for mine and just a tip you could use the search button at the top of that page cause there are alot of forums about this and most pitbikes are 4 stroke so they all are relevent

Latest posts

Back