Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoozo

Banned Wanker of the Century
Reaction score
I was looking but couldn't seem to find a thread on where and how people mount their gopro cameras for footage.

I know I have a cheap 720p camera but its really decent quality for the price it was(apparently its made by the same company that makes gopro DSC_0207.jpg.
I didnt really want to mess around trying to use the less than average mounting stuff that came with it(one disadvantage of a cheap camera). I watch a channel on youtube and they all mount their cameras like this too. I find it give the best true to live vision of where you're actually looking! What does everyone think? No vision issues at all the the buttons are right there too, I think it works well!

It's personal preference mate. Although I've never seen anyone mount it like that before? :)
I've seen guys mount them to swing arms! Gopro mounting pads are 3M quality, I'm not sure if your cam uses the same but you can get them easily and cheaply off eBay.

My personal favourite is the chesty, although it's a limited view you get a much better perspective of what the rider is encountering. As a posed to a helmet mounted camera where you get a nice view but not a very good grasp of the terrain.

Last edited:
1797604_752402314771142_1276057271_n.jpg

thats how i mount mine with the forward facing mount
[video=youtube;w2xhU3h4ZGs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2xhU3h4ZGs&list=UUfCK6by-dwEp7ZYEDMvGO7A[/video]
thats the footage it puts out... a tad low for road riding or anything and going to move it up otherwise it makes for good footage..
its the gopro 3 white edition recording at 60fps at 720p

1797604_752402314771142_1276057271_n.jpg

thats how i mount mine with the forward facing mount
[video=youtube;w2xhU3h4ZGs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2xhU3h4ZGs&list=UUfCK6by-dwEp7ZYEDMvGO7A[/video]
thats the footage it puts out... a tad low for road riding or anything and going to move it up otherwise it makes for good footage..
its the gopro 3 white edition recording at 60fps at 720p

Nice one...Never would of thought of mounting a camera there! My camera is called the 3SIXT it does 720p at 30fps. FPS is a funny I think the human eye stops seeing flicker at about 28 FPS or something like that. Good HD cams are great if you want to slow the footage down, but for me its overkill ;) plus I wont cry if I break this one!!

I will have some head cam footage from my cam up in a bit when windows movie maker finally works. Computer has been playing up a little lately!

mounted under the visor, i would be worried about it hitting me in the face if you ever come off ?

Nah It cant really its sitting against the front of hte helmet pretty snuggly, and its attached tightly....

Will make for nice footage if I bin it face first into anything!! I'm pretty good at not landing on my head...hence broken, and wrists on 10 different occasions!!!

Got to take some risks to get the good footage...vid will be uploaded by 8pm ;)

Latest posts

Back