How good are the Braaap 150s

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

locko90

Reaction score
Im looking at buying a braaap classic bling 150 looks to be in good shape, just wondering what are they like?

What engine is in it the 155z or the yx160?

How good are the elka rear shock and the front suspension?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey mate,

They arent a bad bike at all. Just be careful of that chain if you do buy it. I had one on my Lxr and snapped it after two rides. Rear suspension is pretty good although the front is lacking and cant really take big hits.
Motor is a Yx150 from memory too. Hubs are really good quality too mate. My mate has them on his bike and with the 190 hasnt had any problems.

Oh fair enough so its a yx 150!! Didn't know they made a 150 with that style head.
Now im interested in the engine! Do you know much about these engines snaptrax?
Do they have a small fly wheel like the 155z or is it bigger/heavyer.

Also what do u reckon is a fair price to pay for this bike ?

I just read that this engine has a longer stroke then the bore. Is that right ?

So if thats true im guessing this engine is not like the high reving z155 motors?

I had one for a couple of years, won a few races on it too. Front forks were great once you dial them in and run different oil. The engine is good, although I put a hi comp piston, then a 170 kit, then a 201 kit. Not much difference to be honest. Great bike, I abused it like hell. Even won a SX race with a broken crank case. I'd pay less than a grand for it though

thanks for the reply phill sounds like there a good bike then. not sure what to do but cuz I have 2 pit bikes already.
But braaap has the lifetime warranty and its just a better quality bike compared to pit pros I got.. like braaap is up there with pitster pro right??..
The exhaust looks nicer and the rear elka is supposed to be really good I also like the cnc billet bits on it... just the little things.. and It will hold its value better then pitpro bikes.

I'm going to go check it out anyway see how it goes and yeah if its good ill prob grab it.

I honestly like the bigger wheel pit bikes but yeah will see how it rides...

strange that not much difference with the 201kit and high comp piston, that's not good lol.

Last edited:
I had one for a couple of years, won a few races on it too. Front forks were great once you dial them in and run different oil. The engine is good, although I put a hi comp piston, then a 170 kit, then a 201 kit. Not much difference to be honest. Great bike, I abused it like hell. Even won a SX race with a broken crank case. I'd pay less than a grand for it though
Pretty sure i saw your old bike up for sale, 2g they had on it....

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Last edited:
Oh sorry gotagetacheaperhobby. I thought u were talking about my bike.

Good motor yx 150 with high volume oil pump braaap use the 22m carb on every thing they just change jets for each size motor seems to work I've had three of the classic they handle a bit better than the maestro they use taller suspension all round 750 fastace folks and a 310mm elka rear shock they are great bikes and can handle and absolute flogging haha for abit more poke stick a 26mm oko carb on you won't look back

So i ended up geting the braaap. Pretty happy with it! The front shocks on it are 5 times better then my gpx black lables there like a kx85 shocks just with less travel. And yeah it does get up and go wheel stands into 3rd! haha. But its got some issue with the carb i dont know if its from sitting to long but it only wants to run on the choke.

Last edited:
Nice bike mate.
I'm surprised that there is so much difference with the forks considering they are basically the same .
That looks the be a china 26mm carb so should go pretty well. But I would still be recommending a Oko 26mm flat slide for.all that extra power.

Also again just be careful of that coloured chain.

I took the plug out and as i expected its running heaps to lean. Might need bigger jets.

And yeah i think i need to put some better quality fork oil in my black lables

Last edited:
Surprised at how much this bike sold for new 4 grand wow.

Last edited:
Lol took the carb off and found the problem immediately. The carb doesn't fit flat to the inlet mainfold the carby bowl is hitting on the cam chain tensioner causing an air leak.
Apparently braap did the last service on the bike and replaced the carb.... with one that didnt fit it seems... nice job there... so anyway looks like im going to throw a new carb at it and new plastic gasket as the one on it are cracked.

Don't suppose your in Hobart? The mechanic there is as useless as tits on a bull haha if your in Hobart I got a spare 26mm oko ?

Nah mate not in hobart but im interested in the carb bro can u post ill pay for it ??

Latest posts

Back