How good are the Braaap 150s

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha yet another thing that Braaap's "amazing mechanics" can do.
I walked into Braaap asking for a chain and for them to fit it as i wasnt close to home or had a chain breaker.
Kid walks off. Comes back a couple mins later and he says oh sorry our mechanic has taken his box of tools home.

Lol yeah

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:
10/10 chuck a Oko 26 on it mate. Or a 28mm if youre going with a TbV2 head in the near future.
The company is ok, the people that work there ehhhh nah.

Got it going good now spark plugs looking tan and i just added 2 extra gaskets to inlet so its not hitting the cam chain tensioner now.

129f3cb3990480a34e259377798fb90e.jpg
3093dfd18591373a78a1ef862f79565f.jpg

Last edited:
The elkas on that model only have rebound adjustment so there is only the one on it. You could also loosen off the spring to make it softer.

Yeah backed it right off.

Last edited:
I found the elka on my old pro way to stiff to, soaked up the hard hits really nice but all the smaller stuff barely moved the shock lol.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Last edited:
You could get a lighter spring to suit you
Or you could buy a new rear shock , you could sell the good Elka that's in it

You could get a lighter spring to suit you
Or you could buy a new rear shock , you could sell the good Elka that's in it
Been trying to sell the elk out of my pro for 6 months, no one is interested lol.
I wonder if a cheap china spring would fit, might have to do some research, if it does i might actually rebuild the pro as it would be enjoyable to ride if the rear shock wasnt so dam stiff.

Yeah its a great bike though awsome fun.

Last edited:
I got a dnm shock on my pit pro and damn it just floats over everything

Last edited:
I got a dnm shock on my pit pro and damn it just floats over everything way better then the braaap

If you like the DNM rear shocks , then you should get one to replace the Elka
I wouldn't look at selling a good bike when it's an easy fix to replace the rear shock , that braaap is a better bike than other China's in that price range

Elka with 800 pound spring

Last edited:
Does anyone know what weight is the elka spring ? 1000 pound ?

There is some white writing but its been scratched and is unreadable. Braaap got back to me they dont sell any lighter springs for the elka shock. They said to bring it in and they would have a look at it..

If you like the DNM rear shocks , then you should get one to replace the Elka
I wouldn't look at selling a good bike when it's an easy fix to replace the rear shock , that braaap is a better bike than other China's in that price range
Thats debatable in my opinion, my pro never handled like my type r, always felt like the centre of gravity was to high. When i first brought it i loved it but after owning the motovert im convinced its a better setup bike. Probably part of the reason i cant sell the pro frame, swinger and rear shock as a package. The pro cost me 2g, the type r 1400 (both second hand obviously, the pro with a 190 and the type r with a 184 with taki +r superhead) and i severely regret buying the factory pro. In saying all that i am only an average rider at best, and have never had either on a proper mx track, just smashed the trails and my own el dodgo track lol.

I will check out the spring on mine tomorrow and see what the spring rate is. Will give you a bit of an idea on what spring your chasing..

Last edited:
Can u put a pic up of the pro and and motovert plz ? Just to see the difference between them.

cheers for that mate thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back