How to add an electric start?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOXraceWES

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm 13 and am buying my first bike in August of 2008.

I'm going to be buying a 125 not sure of what make yet but it's going to be brand new. If it does come with an electric start, that's no problem and this topic is a waste of time. But if it doesn't, what do I need? A ignition coil and key and wires and a CDI? Is that all and 2nd..

How would I install it? :eek: Thanks.

Your sincereley,
your totally british 125 guy.

Total waste of time hey,

Youll need battery, rectifier/regular, starter relay, updated wiring loom, Electric starter control,

Than youll have to work out how to hook the starter up to the engine,

Just buy a bike with electric start already on it!!!!

P.s electric start sucks, grow some balls and learn to kick it:D

Just curious. I dont even need the key for my dirtbike if im not using electric start do i ? or will i still need the key for the kick start

Ah, you think? Well.. that solves everything but I will probably still buy one with an electric start build in cuz then if the kick-start lever ever breaks I can start with key.

Thanks guys.

FOXraceWES;167971 ...I will probably still buy one with an electric start build in cuz then if the kick-start lever ever breaks I can start with key. QUOTE said:
no if the kickstart breaks your engine is fu""ed...so forget about that...and please don´t spam the other post with the same ****, use the searchfunction for your questions ...thanks!;)

Ah, you think? Well.. that solves everything but I will probably still buy one with an electric start build in cuz then if the kick-start lever ever breaks I can start with key.

Thanks guys.

umm roll down a hill and clutch start it lol

Latest posts

Back