How to adjust brakes?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90Gabe

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question but how to you set the gap between the brake pad and disk? I think mine may be slightly on all the time and I cant figure out how to adjust them? My bike is a DHZ 140.

i have the same bike with the same problem stupid Chinese don't put a pad separator when shipping i managed to get it in but it brakes shit

yer well a friend somehow got them open not sure how i wasn't with him at the time but it was a tight fit but the brake doesn't work properly coz its too tight

Front brake - no can do
Rear can be adjusted by the the nuts on the master cylinder shaft - if it feels like it's on a little try adjusting the pedal a little lower.

If the bike is new it can take a little while for the pads to bed it

So is there any way of fixing this? Or why it they are so tight? Wrong brakes or something?

Bleed the bakes of the crap fluid .
Make sure the caliper is sitting over the disc as much as possible without making contact with anything other than the pads.
To open the pads wider to accept the disc undo the bleed nipple and push them apart (preferably with a pad seperator)
if you have just forced the calliper over the disc i pressume you have not read the tutorial on how to set youre bike up correctly

Ok ill give the bleeding a go. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back