How to: Bleeding the Brakes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never put it water new your brakes!
I bought a bleeder kit from super cheap for 16 bucks, it's got a little bearing in it so you don't need to worry about cracking the nipple either, I found it easier then putting the hose in fluid

Last edited:
I personally use back bleeding, it's 100x easier and faster..

Just get a syringe with bit of hose on the end. Suck it full of brake fluid, then put the hose on the nipple. Open the nipple and push the fluid up to the master cylinder with the cap off.

As it over flows you'll hear the air bubble coming out.

Don't ever be complacent about brakes.
The concept is simple.
Push fluid through the line to purge all air from the system.
Open the valve, squeeze the brake, Close the valve and release the lever so new fluid gets drawn into the system from the reservoir.
Repeat until you have a solid flow of fluid, remembering to always keep your master reservoir full. I have a pressure bleeder but often use the pump and bleed to keep my hand in.
I am really a car racer and restorer but the principles still apply.
Don't accept anything less than perfect for your brakes. Air in the line will manifest itself when you REALLY don't want it to eg: your brakes get hot and the air expands then your pressure compresses the air cavity, not your pistons, and you have little or no brakes when you need them.
A simple task worth getting ABSOLUTELY right.

Thats great advice Brycevr. Most of us want to go faster, engine mods etc but i have seen people so keen on doing this that they forget about brakes. It's great to have heaps of power but you have to pull it up. Even more important if you are racing that bike. Your brakes should be spoton always and upgrade them when you greatly increase HP if the brakes are not suitable for that job.

Latest posts

Back