How To Clean Your Carby

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50s BRotherhood #1

Reaction score
Alot of people ask in threads why there fiddy is playing up and everyone replies saying clean out your carby. A majority of people asking the question will not know how to do that, so i thought it would be a good idea to post a step by step procedure on how to do so. (i havn't seen a thread like this, if there is just delete this thread).

(NOTE: always use Quailty tools when tools are required to prevent damage to parts)

STEP 1:
First off drain the fuel out of your Carby by loosening the drain screw at the bottom of the fuel bowl. This prevents you from spilling fuel everywhere.

STEP2:
Undo the screw on slide cap nut which is located at the top of the Carby and remove slide carefully.

STEP 3:
Remove Carby from manifold by removing the flange screw on the maniflod so carby can be stripped down.

STEP 4:
Now put your Carby on a secure/flat/clean area as this is where the Carby is going to be completely dismantled. When dismantling Carby lay removed parts out in order so it is easier to remember the way it was assembled.

Step 5:
Remove the fuel bowl located at the bottom of the carby by removing the fuel bowl screws. Be careful petrol/carby cleaner does not come in contact with carby bowl gasket as it can cause it to bloat.

STEP 6:
Remove main jet from emulsion tube and emulsion tube using 8mm spanner(mostly) and screw driver.

STEP 7:
Using a screw driver remove idle jet from carby body with caution.

STEP 8:
Slide pivot pin out of the float hinge.

STEP 9:
Now carefully remove float valve from seat.

STEP 10:
Remove idle screw counting the exact amount of turns it takes to come out so when you put it back in you can have it in the same positon for easier tuning.

STEP 11:
Now the carby is completely disassembled, now clean all parts with carby cleaner and blow out with compressed air.

STEP 12:
throw everything back together in the reverse order it came out (hopefully you layed it out on the bench in order so it is easier for you).

STEP 13:
screw carby back on the maniflod and put slide cap nut back on.

STEP 14:
start the bike and see how she goes and hopefully only minor tuning ajustments need to be made.

And there you have it done. Hopefully this helps you in the future.
RIDE ON

Cheers Tim

good work 50's bro. now if you only had PICS to go with it... guess how you can spend your afternoon ;)

pics would be great.... im going to completely rebuild my gaygb27 soon when i get my seat from pitmaster so i might get some then...or if i don't get some shortly ill try finding some on the net
cheers Tim

Yeah the pics will finnish it off for sure ...still a great tutorial though well done mate..
and even a novice could clean out the bowl AT LEAST reading this ...sure they should do the rest too.....but even that'll get a few of em runnin.

Anyway I reckon most ...with a carby in front of em .... would work it out from this anyway.

Latest posts

Back