How to Compete in the VCM Fast 50's class

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zwebx

Reaction score
How To Begin Racing Minibikes In Victoria

This is a Public Draft

*Mods please add replies do not edit the post. i will include that information later on
Nearing completion, Please reply if i have missed out on anything or if you have anything to add :)

With bikes getting cheaper, more reliable and allover the place and fewer places to ride i can only see the ciniworx fast 50 class growing year by year The hardest thing i found about learning about it and getting into it is finding out the information and who what why and where. Hopefully this write up will guide you adequately.
IMG_1215_zps0833fdd3.png

#1 What bikes are acceptable in the fast 50 event?

[SUB]There are certain Groups that depending on the numbers are ran some verification on this may be needed however should be quite correct.

[/SUB]

1. 50's sponsored by Buzz Bikes
  2. B Grade - 12 Inch Open - Sponsored by Minirders.com
  3. A Grade 12 inch Open - Sponsored by Ciniworx

2. 50's Class Sponsored by Buzz Bikes

1. -10" Rear Wheel Only (many people prefer a 12'' front)
  2. -Max 110cc
  3. -Semi-Auto Only

This allows engine modifications, Also if the numbers are up they run a stocker class and a mod class depending on the numbers and other factors.​

2.Open Class B Grade

1. Any engine capacity allowed
    *allegedly ma dictated but who cares
  2. Any engine modifications
  3. Any suspension
  4. Any horizontally engined air cooled bike

What model bikes are eligible? Pretty Much every pitbike under the sun

This class is for beginners and by people are out to have fun :) and lack the ability of the A Grade open class riders

3. Open Class A grade
va5yra5a_zps70ecddc8.jpg~original

1. Any engine capacity allowed
  2. *allegedly ma dictated but who cares
  3. Any engine modifications
  4. Any suspension
  5. Any horizontally engined air cooled bike
What model bikes are eligible? Pretty Much every pitbike under the sun

This class is for Advanced riders and should not be opted for until you have won B grade and or have competed quite a few times before and are sure you are competitive.

#2 Selecting A Class Suitable To Yourself And Your Bike

If you have already purchased a bike your options are limited slightly, Find a class you are eligible in and start from the bottom and work your way up to the top.

Beginners are welcome And encouraged :) As long as you can stay upright and can do a lap on your bike Then there is only a matter of time before you start taking over the madmen of the sport such as kosta and the ciniworx boys and before you know it myself :p

Will my bike be competitive?
For the open class A The bikes of choice seem to be the ciniworx cx160z, The Atomik Comp 172,

Should i bother?
Most certainly Even if you do not think you are competitive its always a blast to cut some laps in some well maintained tracks and its a great community to join. I do not know anyone who has come back wishing they didn't participate :D

#3 Scrutineering/Preparing the bike
There are many things to be said here, however i will make a few main points:

• [*=center]No loose,bent or missing spokes
    [*=center]Bar ends must be installed
    [*=center]Relatively clean when arriving
    [*=center]Must be in a safe and ridable condition

#4 Required gear
Ideally the best would be:​

• [*=center]Body Armour
    [*=center]MX Boots
    [*=center]Gloves
    [*=center]Helmet + Goggles.
Minimum Required gear: (however next round it would be nice to see you with more gear listed above) *pending verification​

• [*=center]Long sleeve top
    [*=center]Steel cap boots
    [*=center]Gloves
    [*=center]Helmet + Goggles

#5 Where When and How?

Have a look here http://www.vcm.org.au/calendar/ For the dates and the info, These are full size MX tracks

If you wish to enter you must be over 18 or have a parent present *No id checks*

1. there are four (4) things required to get started:
    1. You need to register with VCM (cost $30). Print out the registration form on the “Forms” page and post it in with payment. Alternatively you can pay your registration during your online entry to your first race of the season.
      Once registered you are eligible to enter any of the races in the VCM Interclub Series, and for the end of season trophies.
    2. You must be a member of one of the invited clubs^ (you may be able to get a day membership from the host club depending on the host club’s constitution)
    3. You need to have a national race licence (one day licenses are available, cost $55
#6 What Do I Take To The Track
It can be a long day, if you wish to stay till the last race (there are 4 races in a day of each class so if you wish to compete in say the 50's buzzbikes class and the 12'' miniriders and ciniworx classes this means you have 8 races in a day and trust me after the third you will be knackered.

Bring yourself, enough money to pay for the fees (Do not forget the ma licence) in cash. Some race numbers or some electrical tape just incase.

Bring some lunch, sometimes there is a sausage sizzle at some events depending on location.

Bring a mate too, no point in keeping all the fun to yourself and its always good to have a rival.

Some tools, oil etc depending on the bike i take enough to change a tube, and tighten sprocket bolts. in most cases someone will be able to help you out but its better to bring your own.

If you are under 18 for legal reasons they need a guardian to sign. *No id's required

Some fuel and probably a chair.. some people also have race tents and if there nice enough you may get a spot under it :p A tarp, sticks works well off tall 4wd's too

Depending on the weather something to stand under And no the races do not stop if there is a little rain.

Last edited:
Dude you are completely wrong with nearly all this info!!!

Classes are:

50's Not sure on what class of 50's - (Not necessarily all rounds as I understood it either) - sponsored by Buzz Bikes
B Grade - 12 Inch Open - Sponsored by Minirders.com
A Grade 12 inch Open - Sponsored by Ciniworx

Don't know where you are getting the 88 class from.

Rewrite the post or I will remove it as you are misinforming people. VCM has and always will be about the 12inch bikes. There is a lot of vintage racing and it's not all the time they can even fit the 50's in at all so I don't know if you should even be mentioning them.

Classes are:

50's Not sure on what class of 50's - (Not necessarily all rounds as I understood it either) - sponsored by Buzz Bikes

Rewrite the post or I will remove it as you are misinforming people. VCM has and always will be about the 12inch bikes. There is a lot of vintage racing and it's not all the time they can even fit the 50's in at all so I don't know if you should even be mentioning them.
Lol i was tired and was getting them mixed up with the braaps rounds :p will edit and post up..

That makes more sense. lol

Maybe write the article as what can race in what class first then worry about tying it back to a specific series.

Plus reps for the initiative though dude as your right we need something like this.

Yeah mate reps, we did need this thread and when it's done correctly I reckon it probably needs to be a sticky! :thumbup:

Just saying though Karlos's bike is a "stocka" ;) ask Styvan!!! Bahaha...

Classes are:

I suppose i will email buzzbikes about there class, i thought they separated the stockers from the 88's maybe thats what i had in my head lol
Will write it up correctly this write up was more of a template anyways and i quite like it so far..

Oi since when is my stocko a 88 mod???
Since its sexy and you cant see the bore size when its on the motor :p
Will make yours the 50's picture
Could have sworn there was a 88 in there somewhere.. still think im relating to braaps round and too many beers on the weekend :p

Since its sexy and you cant see the bore size when its on the motor :p
Will make yours the 50's picture
Could have sworn there was a 88 in there somewhere.. still think im relating to braaps round and too many beers on the weekend :p

All g brah [emoji23]

Latest posts

Back