How to Post Pictures on Miniriders.com

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foolsp33d

Reaction score
Ok with so many people posting up links to pictures, urls intead of IMG, im hoping this will help those members....

First, you need to “host” your pictures somewhere else on the internet. MiniRiders isn’t going to just hand out storage space for your cheap a$$. Luckily, picture hosting sites like Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket (PB) will.

There are other hosting sites out there, some good, some bad, but hell, the bucket works fine, so let’s just run with them. PB has a very convenient feature at the end of all of this (as do other hosting sites), that will make posting pics VERY easy.

A lot of hosting sites won’t even let you link pics from them (Yahoo Pictures), so don’t even waste your time.

Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and create an account, by filling out all the required info.
I believe that they are pretty good with not selling you out with spam, but read the private policy statements if you are that bored. At the end of registration, they WILL try to spam you with some offers, just look for the “No thanks, continue with registration” link to the lower right of the screen. Hit on that once or twice, and you should be done.

Down there at the bottom, next to the “Create Album” button is a text box. In that box, type something like “PitBike Pics,” “My Bike Pics,” or “I Love Foolsp33d.” Whatever you want to name the album where you will store your pics, then click “Create Album.” When you do this, the screen will then show your new album name under the Photo Albums text. Go ahead and click on this Album Name. I, for the example will call it: "General Pictures"

By doing that, I am now working in my album dedicated to my "General Pictures". Now we can get down to the business of uploading and storing pictures off our computers.
IMPORTANT NOTE!!!! EDIT THE SIZE OF YOUR PICTURES BEFORE YOU PLACE THEM ON YOUR STORAGE SITE, AND BEFORE YOU LINK THEM TO THIS FORUM!!!!!!! WHILE WORKING WITH YOUR PHOTO EDITING SOFTWARE, YOU WANT YOUR PICTURES TO BE NO LARGER THAN 600-700 PIXELS IN EITHER DIRECTION!!!! PICS BIGGER THAN THIS ARE ANNOYING TO VIEW ON THE NET!!! Thanks!

For this example, we are going to upload one picture. In PB, you can do up to 19 at one time. Just hit the little drop menu next to “Submit Multiple Pictures” if you want to do more. The procedure will be the same for each, so for simplification, we will do one.

Click on the “Browse” button. A window will then open showing files on your computer. Browse around until you find the pic you want to upload, then click on it, then click Open.

When you have done that, the file name should show up in the “Image” text box. You can now enter a description of the pic if you want to. You might as well keep the “Keep Original Picture Names” box checked………..if you don’t, PB gives them some fawked up name that they create. When done, hit “Submit.”

Now, you will maybe get the impression that nothing just happened and that you are on the same screen you were just on, only now it is blank. Surprise though, scroll down the screen a little. Your pic should now be there. Be a little paitent as this may take some time.

Now, the great thing about PB (and a few other hosting sites), is that they actually give you the URL of the pic already wrapped in tags. This means that text that is in the box next to “Img:” is all the info that you need.

If you highlight all that jazz in that box, then right click it, choose Copy, then right-click/Paste that info anywhere in your post here, the pic will show up. It is that simple!!!

All you have to do is Paste that jargon in your post and it will show up………………….no extra buttons to hit, no coding needed, nothing.

NOW, if your picture is hosted somewhere that doesn’t give you the pic URL wrapped in IMG tags, you have to go through all the trouble of hitting one more button.
On your picture, wherever it is on the net, right click on it, and go to “Properties.” In the properties box, you should see a URL listed as something like “Image Location,” it will start with http.

You need to highlight that URL addy, right-click it, and choose Copy. In your “Post Reply” box here on Miniriders.com, you will see a little yellow button at the top that looks like a mountain landscape.
When you click that button, it will open a box that gives you a line to enter text on. You need to Paste your Pic URL addy in that box.
All that is doing is wrapping your pic addy in IMG tags, which is what PB does for you already in the example above.

Thats it.. Simple eh! So there should be no more confusion about pictures not working, links to pictures, url's instead of images. Lets hope it helps some of you out and feel free to add any comments or suggestions.

the hard bit is reading all that :D

all hail king foolsp33d

zoo-zoolatry-bull-women.gif

couldnt help myself....

^^ is an 'inhouse joke' that has obviously gone wayyyy over ya head mate. lol. must look deeper into things ;)

well do u no how to upload pics onto photobucket??if u can upload the pic that u want and then once you've got ur pic uploaded and it has if you want to write a comment and name the pic that you've uploaded n (name it sumthing if you want named) and press SAVE AND CONTINUE below the pic n that will save it n it will take you to your home page.after that click on the pic that you uploaded and it will come up with the image but bigger.next to that there is a little box that has url codes etc and go to the one with . highlight that and hold control on your key board (or right click)and click on the highlighted bit so it comes up with paste,copy etc.. click copy so it copies the code...then go to where you want your pic (in the text box in the thread on miniriders) and right click or hold control and click on the text box and click paste and the code will come up on your text box with [IMG] n [IMG/] on each side of the code.. the pic wont come up on your text box but it will wonce you've posted it!!!!

hope this helps

hmmmm..
smiley-lala.gif

Im glad the ''how to" helped ya post the picture chad, just wrong thread mate lol.. :) as for the others....
gives.gif

duhsmiley.gif

haha, for the even dumber people and the even easier way follow these SIMPLE steps :).

Go to this link, ImageShack® - Uploader once you are on this page click download for windows, mac etc.. once you finish the download install the program (virus free) drag/drop the images you want to upload on the programs window (you will know what i'm talking about when you have installed it) change the settings to suit your image and click "upload" (you can upload multiple images) It will then give you the html codes for the image you need to copyy/paste the HOTLINK FOR FORUMS 1.

Last edited:
imageshitshak is crap.. always goes down.. photobucket for the win! or upload it to ya gallery...

hmm, well for the 5 years i have been using imageshack i have not experienced one problem not one image corrupted or deleted by the host. as for my dad doing a $20000 microsoft course he knows, honestly i hate photobucket but whatever just aslong as it works ey.

Latest posts

Back