How to replace broken kickstart gears. Video.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DvDRip

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
Last edited:
Great vid DvDRip ;) I see you lost where the cog was under neath the clutch at 3:06. Great music too. What is the band? And the name of the song?

EDIT: was your star shifter the same as mine or different? Nevermind it is different.

Here dvd... cpoy and paste the link in your OP:)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9v2tz1tuAg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9v2tz1tuAg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hmm beening a *****... Should work in your OP though...

Last edited:
thanks guys yea was a bit tricky doing it one handed.
songs are Lillasyster - Hårdrock & Black Sabbath - Symptom of the Universe

that's weird I msn'd my bro n he says it works too. you guys are both in QLD yea?

Really wish the links were working on this thread looks like its exactly what i need , can anyone guide me on this im stuck already lol and havent even got the clutch cover off yet, do i need to dig the starter spline ould seal that seats in the clutch cover out? before i can remove the cover? i have taken all the bolts out but cant seem to remove the cover?????? i dont want to pry it open as that would obviously wreck the gasket but its gotta slide forward over the starter spline to come off? baha noob at work please help!!

you should be able to leave the starter shaft seal in the cover,
it will just be a stuck gasket somewhere, gently pry it apart, and use a knife blade or something that will just fit between the cover and case to work the gasket free.
make sure if most of the gasket sticks to the motor that you continue working around the cover till it's free.
eg dont have the gasket stuck to the case on one bit and stuck the the cover at the other end.

Thanks dude ill give it another crack when i get home, once i get the cover off is the clutch assy easy enough to remove to gain access to starter gears? anything i should take note of? i havent ever done this before so just a bit unsure

YX motor im guessing?
it may pay you to buy or borrow? the clutch retainer nut tool, so you can loosen/tighten it without having to use a hammer and large flat headed screwdriver

aaaah dunno its in a atomik proX 140
3AF734E1-B906-41A3-A2CC-F97EF130987D-1429-000002D464B795A1.jpg

is there a youtube vid or thread on here to guide me through all this at all mate?
also i see in your signature you have an orion its pretty much the same bike as my prox yeah?

aaaah dunno its in a atomik proX 140
3AF734E1-B906-41A3-A2CC-F97EF130987D-1429-000002D464B795A1.jpg

is there a youtube vid or thread on here to guide me through all this at all mate?
also i see in your signature you have an orion its pretty much the same bike as my prox yeah?

take a pic of the other side of the motor
i think its a new style lifan so far

yeah the Orion is sort of close, same basic design of the dual spar frame etc
i have a lifan 125 in mine, yours looks like the YX140?
mine has the clutch on the primary shaft, so it's a bit different

i cant find any videos around the place, just one on removing the clutch, from Tbolt
this will give you an idea on what is involved.
your clutch will be on the rear side of the case though, not towards the front.
do you have new gears to fit?
http://tboltusa.com/store/tech.php?...RF50/70+&+How+to+adjust+front+manual+clutches

Latest posts

Back