how to replace fork seals?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldwin1993

Reaction score
does anyone have a tutorial on how to replace fork seals and how much oil to put back in? i got new ones because my old ones are leaking (tried cleaning the dirt out but still leaked). i don't know much about forks so i don't want to go ripping them apart and not know how to put them back together!
its on my DPRO 140.
cheers, Baldwin

Its more recomended to take it to a suspension place. My forks are leaking aswell. If you have no knowledge then not a good idea to mess around with them especially because to replace them will cost you heaps of $$$

or on the flip side.. buy a second hand set of china forks for 10 or 20 bucks that way if you break them you know what not to do on your own..

how to replace for seals?

I've got a pretty new set of stock forks off my dpro 140 if you end up needing them mate. As far as replacing seals I wouldn't have a glue.

most of the time the seals wont need replacing. They could have dirt caught in them causing them to leak.
Get the smallest feeler guarge you can find and run it through the seal scooping the dirt out from behind it and see if that helps

i tried that and it stopped a bit but still seeping a little bit. either way it still lost a lot of oil, so does anyone know how much it is supposed to have in them and where to put it in??

I would say you could fix it by cleaning them properly.
Depending on how much you weigh and what weight oil you use as to how much you would put in them

Latest posts

Back