How To: Run in a new engine. Run it HARD

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

motodevo

Miniriders OG Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
yeh i wouldn't run it in on a stand, not only do you need a load on it to bed in parts, the motor needs to be moving to stay cooler

boydie

Reaction score
hi guys i have just bought an atomik nitrous 125 mid size pit bike with the lifan engine just wondering wondering how hard can push the push the motor when running it in any help wopuld be greatly appreciated

krazed0451

Reaction score
hi guys i have just bought an atomik nitrous 125 mid size pit bike with the lifan engine just wondering wondering how hard can push the push the motor when running it in any help wopuld be greatly appreciated

Hmmmm, fairly hard.

Try not to red line it, roll the throttle on fairly hard and as the revs get up towards (not at) the top end, chop the throttle and let the motor slow you down, rinse, repeat... Should bed the rings in nicely! :)

1trick

Reaction score
Ummmmm is their anything more define on actually how long to run it in ?? More so then the thread just just saying waiy for the engine to loosen up. wait for the engine to kick over easoer an for the motor to make more power. Is their anything more spacific then this eg. do this for 2 tanks. or 4 hours ??? Ones ideas of loosening an engine up im sure varies significatley from person to person. can any body allerborate on this please

zwebx

Reaction score
Ummmmm is their anything more define on actually how long to run it in ?? More so then the thread just just saying waiy for the engine to loosen up. wait for the engine to kick over easoer an for the motor to make more power. Is their anything more spacific then this eg. do this for 2 tanks. or 4 hours ??? Ones ideas of loosening an engine up im sure varies significatley from person to person. can any body allerborate on this please

there is no real reason to allerborate i mean for my breakin's i take my bike as soon as she starts (should warm it up first but hell its a new bike and im like a kid in a candy store when i get a new bike) use low rpm till she hits 4th and hold it wide open in the lower rpm sections and try to keep the rpm kinda lowish
i guess i would do that for about 3 tanks if you can be bothered... i change my oil after my 1st or 2nd tank..
just make sure you go over every nut and bolt and take it easy on the gear shifts ie. clutching it

Latest posts