How to set a new MOLKT 26mm Carby- Jet settings.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atomik-Rider140

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My new MOLKT carby which had just came with my new YX motor has had some problems with the jet settings and is not running correctly. I'm wondering what is the best settings for my MOLKT carb to make it run better and perfect
cheers.

mate we need a lot more in the way of details to be able to make any suggestions...
Have you done any mods to the motor?
What is the engine doing exactly? Popping? misfiring? loading up on full throttle? dying when you get past half throttle? bogging off idle? running clean up top, but misfiring down low? running clean down low, but dying up top? running clean top and bottom, but fluffy through the mid range?
have you done a plug chop? what colour is the plug tip?
What jetting do you have in it at present? ie: what are the numbers on the jets? What position is your needle clip in?
Mate, between us we'll be able to sort you out, but we need as many details as possible to get started...
See what you can come up with, repost, and we'll go from there. :D

ok well its a brand new stock GPX 150CC and i have just cleaned the jets.
Once the bike starts and i take off it dies at low revs when u turn the at about 1/2 turn throttle, but at higher revs it starts to kick in and runs properly, so at low revs in the gear it starts to die and shut off. The spark plugs are fine its a brand new genuine NGK i got from the shop and thats fine. Also the jet settings are at the same settings that it came with but not quite sure, im wondering what settings to put the jet, idling screw etc settings at? ill look into the jet setting more though and write back asap.
hope this helps, its all i got at the moment lol, im a diesel mechanic not really bike and only just got the thing so Ive only really used my car knowledge on it, but ill look into it more and post tomorrow.
cheers

first off check if the valves are set correctly...80% of the time they aren^t
second check about the pilotjet size...maybe try a number higher
third play with the needleclip(one down, one up)

or just start by telling us what size jets are in it to begin with :p

pilot might be a bit on the small side... think they usually run a #20 pilot, but i dont have a lot of experience with Molkt carbies. Daimojay might be able to help with that one.. :)

the stock 150 with a molkt ....

15 pilot is rediculous, they are too small even on the 120BVH lifans ffs.

Clip in the middle.
20-22.5pilot
95-97.5 main. depening if its completely stock should be darn close if its stock?

Last edited:
righto thanks,
yeah it came with the worst jet settings, i dont know why they sent me a carb that wasnt tuned properly with the engine it came with its pretty stupid, and they could of at least sent a jet kit with it also.

oh does an outer rotor kit consider it to be stock, also a high rev CDI it came with the engine so im saying it is factory

alright cheers mate,
i got one last question, the jets out of a stock 30mm mikuni, would they fit in the molkt 26mm and do you know what size they are coz a mate of mine has an old mikuni he can give to me and im just gonna use the jets out of them if its the right size to go in my molkt.

mate the 30mm could have any different sized jets in there... you would have to check to see what sizes are in there yourself, as there is no hard and fast rule as to what jets are fitted to any given carby.. and yeah they should screw straight in to the molkt.

yeah mate i just found out the sizes
it has a:
#100 main jet
and #20 pilot
is that a good setting for my carb?
daimojay said 97.5 main and 20 pilot was right but would a 100 be any different?

would be running rich and yu may need to drop the needle down a bit for the mid range, but that shuld be fine yeah.

the jets from the mikuni go exactly like the ones from the molkt.
im thinking of getting rid of my molkt and buying a OKO carb off dhz that comes with cable, unifilter, throttle inlet manifold and already tuned, so i think that will be the go...

Latest posts

Back