Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there are heaps of louder horns available, look for a low tone horn for that deeper sound.i like the stebel horns, some of them put out 132db of sound
pretty much any automotive horn will work, but some are quite big too

Last edited:
[video=youtube;U7A9Y5dwPHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7A9Y5dwPHI[/video]

thats a good one lol hmm... what ill do is plug it straight to the battery off the bike and fine tune it... hopefully and i'll try mount it away from the engine

well i found out the problem with the horn.... the tunes screw rattled off the bike... so looks like a new horn....
ive heard a 6v horn works well on a 12v system? thoughts?

you can use an old computer case screw to replace the lost one on your horn
put some Loctite on the thread to stop it coming out again,
and as you screw it in, test the horn sound, and don't over tighten the screw

because the horn is only used for a second at a time, the one that pulls 5.5A should be fine.

i would buy the Stebel over the overpriced chinese horn, they are one of the loudest horn manufacturers out there.

if you buy a replacement horn., find a low tone one if you can
that way when you use the horn, it wont sound like a kids toy, or the Road Runner , Meep Meep !!

Last edited:
you can use an old computer case screw to replace the lost one on your horn
put some Loctite on the thread to stop it coming out again,
and as you screw it in, test the horn sound, and don't over tighten the screw

because the horn is only used for a second at a time, the one that pulls 5.5A should be fine.

i would buy the Stebel over the overpriced chinese horn, they are one of the loudest horn manufacturers out there.

if you buy a replacement horn., find a low tone one if you can
that way when you use the horn, it wont sound like a kids toy, or the Road Runner , Meep Meep !!

bahaha that reminds me of the old mans ute lol. hes got this big angry 253 (mild cam, holley 465, custom exhaust etc) and on rego day he forgot to put a horn on and the only one he could find was an old bike horn !
well, it got us past rego ! ;)

Latest posts

Back