Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have a look at my Atomik Fuse thread, there are some pics near the end.

to set it up so you can run the headlight with the bike off,
you will need the lights (front and rear?), a regulator, a small battery and cradle, and a headlight switch.
if your stator has a white and a yellow wire coming off of it, unused,
then those 2x wires feed the voltage regulator/rectifier, then the positive and negative go to the battery
and run a wire from the negative battery terminal to the earth point on the frame.
then you can run a fused (7.5A) wire to feed the headlight switch, and forward to the headlight.
the light can be earthed anywhere to the frame then.

here is my setup-

IMG0020B.jpg

and a basic wiring diagram, you can use the HOT wire as the positive feed for you headlight switch,
it will only be powered when the bike is running..

4WirewoBatteryHI.jpg

Last edited:
Stock yx160 is outer rotor as far as i recall, I thought you could run the yellow feed wire to a reg rec then run light's straight off this avoiding installing a battery? Does anyone know if this or something similar will work and avoid the need for a battery?

Yeh no battery needed orr you can run lights straight off the ac and not even need a rec/reg

Last edited:
nah it wont, not if there is just a yellow wire spare on it.

there are wires coming from the stator, (behind the l/h engine cover)
some wires will going up and joining into the loom, what colour wires do you have that aren't being used?
there could be a yellow, a white, or 2x yellows

Latest posts

Back