How To Tear Down The Head & Cylinder

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeh im going to any way. But how can you tell that mine are stuffed? coz they dont look 2 bad 2 me?

i think the brown patch between the 2nd ring and the oil scraper tells that theres oil getting passed.
other than that i cannot tell.

yeh thats what mechanic thought, so it might just be the scraper thats blown?
anyway im buying a new piston n rings that should solve the problem ay?

cheers, ill let ya know when im done,
oh btw is there a manaul or guide that you know of that can show me how to do the timeing chain?
or if there is a step by step like u did here?

thanks!

havent come accross one, should make 1...next time i pull a engine apart.

all it is is lining up the marks on the head and cam sprocket and the magneto and case mark.

yeh but coz ive taken the sproket off the head, how will i know if its in the right spot when i put it bak on? ie, does it matter how i screw it in, will it be on properly, or is the mark on the sprocket line up with the head mark wich makes it in the right spot?
soz ive never done this be4.

sorry man i cant find it. dw bout it for the moment, ill ask you next week or something when ive got the new rings, n puttin it together.
cheers for all your help though!

thanks for the reply Dabomb (Y)
bet helping out fordrule ticked ya off a bit there haha
thanks for the help again :)

lol its alrite, its better to ask many questions then to ask none at all.

hey, i fixed my bike, sooo happy, 2bad i cant ride it got broke leg. My mate rode it for me n runs good.
Only prob is blows a lil smoke when accelerating, i checked this site about spark plugs, n it said if ur
bike has dry black soot (Dry Fouling) your fuel 2 air mixture is incorrect. i think that may be cause?? wat u recon?
n whats the proper way 2 set the air 2 fuel on the carby?

n also is there a reason my bikes first gear is so quik? like i have 2 change 2nd pretty much like 2-3 seconds aftrer take off?

please reply!

cheers

kool.

if its running to rich (black smoke) screw the air fuel screw out to run leaner.
smell the smoke, try and determine if its fuel or oil.

the gear ratios are just made like that, u can get bigger rear - smaller front to make it lengthier, but it will still be shorter than the other gears.

ohk kool will try it 2morrow, just wen i screw it out doesnt sound much different.

looks like we need a tute on reassembly:p

ill do a timing one when i get my sexy racing cams and am sure theyll fit... maybe a sexy stanley socket set too:eek:

do i have to be in bare feet too?:p

lol that would be a good idea.
BARE FOOT MECHANICS IS COMPULSORY!

ah, like those chinese safety sandals my mate wears when welding... mandatory:)

ok, im waiting for my cams. feel a right twat if i take all these piccies and they dont fit :eek: and no! im not going to take the cylinder off! if it aint broke.... could demo the piston bit with the ct90 though....

is it normal that your conrod is discoloured and all blue?? lol. nice thread though man should help heeps of pep

yes its supposed to be bluish. i think its part of the hardening procedure or something. I bought a ne crankshaft for my bike and it was blue before i even put it in :D

Latest posts

Back