How to tell the age of a Pee Wee 50?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisk

Reaction score
Hi all

I just picked up a PW50 for my son and am wondering what year model it is, does anyone know of a way to tell?

cheers

Chris

dude he said pw50 its a yamaha

but post some pics they will help u get the year

Sorry Guys

yes its a Yamaha Pee Wee 50, ill try get some pics up soon. The Pee wees are all 2 strokes, auto mixed from an oil resovoir filled at the front forks.

cheers

Chris

Yellow,

Read sidneys first initial question, [Are they 2/4 stroke?]

Read your reply [PW50 aren't 2 stroke!!!!!!!11!!!!!!]

then read his. [Yes they are yellow prox...]

It doesn't even really matter that much. I've got a guy that lives up the road and he's got 2 PW50s for his kids one is an 86 model the other 06. So they are 20 years apart and he said the only difference he could find was the plastics.

They're still the same old design from when they were 1st released and i tell ya what they hold their value so well.

Hi mate....

the 10th digit of your VIN (Serial number). is the year of the bike, it was standardized quite a while ago for all manufacturers, but if you are talking like 70's vintage or earlier, I am not sure when they standardized.

Anyway the VIN (Serial) is normally on the neck of the bike.

And the digits translate like this

80= A
81= B
82= C
83= D
84= E
85= F
86= G
87= H
88= J
89= K
90= L
91 =M
92= N
93= P
94= R
95= S
96= T
97= V
98= W
99= X
00= Y
01= 1
02= 2
03= 3
04= 4
05= 5
06= 6
07= 7

pw50s arnt 2 stroke

r u serious of course they are 2 stroke!!!!:mad:

btw the model should be neer the steering like where the steering rod thing joins the frame. hope this helps

m0p

yeah PW50's are 2 stroke

the best way to find out the year of a bike is to get the engine & frame number & call any Yamaha dealer....

this thread was the funniest read in a long while hahahaha

Latest posts

Back