How To: Wire Your Bike (Kick Start)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yer its got a battery and key
and i kindy dont no yet how to put up pics but all the other colours are the same and its got wires for a shif light

ok, if its for shift light then dont worry about it.
jsut wire the other 3 in

wait its got two other wires for the shift light and wheres accessories??? ill jst wire up that 1 to accessories and if it works it works then

wire the red and white wire to the + of battery, it will power the gauge and illuminate the backlight on the gauge.

ok so jst checking that this is right?

red: goes to the battery +
green: goes to coil -
black: goes to battery -
white/yellow: goes to the battery +
???

ye mate,
im not 100% sure on that yelow wire, ide be puting it on last to see if it lights up thr backlight, if its a shift light wire it could damage the gauge.

no wukkas, if u get stuck add us on msn on we will suss it out.

I save funds

Thanks for the tutorial , now something I can do with my vehicle since I don't have to call my mechanic often paying him whatever he asks for ! Some thing I have noted which I would use to repair my bike in future if the need arises!

What If I don't have a kill switch??

Very nice tutorial it helped me out a lot!!!
just one question I can start my bike so that is good, but I don't have a kill switch so does that make any difference to the engine or anything?? and I also have a yellow wire and a white wire coming out of my stator that are not connected to anything, does anyone know what they are for?

oh and to answer your question how do I turn my bike off lol I jst dissconect the Blue/White stripe wire!!
but I will put a switch there so yeh.

hey man

the plug that plugs into the CDI, has a RED wire, attach it to one side of the kill switch, then ground the other side of the killswitch onto the frame/engine!

the yellow wire is for a charging/lighting circuit.

u can stall your bike to kill it, or pull the spark cap off!

ok thanks :)
so should I and to what can I connect that yellow wire?

n do u also know what the white wire is for?

thanks again :)

u can connect the yellow and white wire to a regulator then to lights and or a battery.

hey mate
all my wireing works just dont know where it all goes do i just zip tie or tape it to the frame some where?

yeah man, where it wont get smashed/ripped/mudded to much!

OKAY IM HAVING SOME VERY STRESSFULL PROBLEMS
i have a kickstarm lifan 125. i have connected the cdi unit to the plug i no it works i tried it on my other motor.i got a brand new coil i no that works as i tested it too. anyway now when i try to connect the coil to the motor there is the green wire and the black w yellow stripe of the coil. so i connect green to green earth.
on the motor there is two seprete wireing harnesses, one to the cdi and then theres a biunch of other wires. this is what i am connecting the coil to. i have the coil earthed but coming of the motor there is no black with yellow stripe motor . only a black wire i try using that,, no spark anyone have any idea or has seen a wiring diagram for this situation?
i have looked around at some wiring diagrams but there all for a one wire harness motor.
NOTE my bike is a kick start

all help is mutch apprieciated:):):):)

Latest posts

Back