How To: Wire Your Bike (Kick Start)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry man i gotta go to uni, i'll be back in about 3 hours lol... Hopefully it works or someone else can help you out

I'd say just start from the very beggining of the tutorial and rewire the lot... all you need is some wire a soldering iron and a variety of terminals... But by the look of those pics... it might not only be the wiring thats stuffing you.

Big props to poulsen8r for this tutorial!!! Helped me getting my bike wired (first time for me), and saved me getting someone else to do it!

If You Guys like this tutorial I can do another for electric start bikes and i was thinking of doing a tutorial on how to add/remove your starter motor (and Battery).
Please Post Any Questions and Feedback on My Tutorial

Hey man Great tut. once again, would be great if if you get the chance to do add in the diagrams for the battery and Elec. start. Iv decided to redo the quad and am going to use 10-15amp wire.. just to be sure its got decent flow.. is this to restrictive? regarding the plugs, I have soucred the brass pins, but am going to reuse the plug I have(its not the greatest condition so am going to use hot glue or araldyte to seal it so the connectors dont wriggle.. should be fairly safe right!? i'll take pics when I do it and add them in..

yo great tut it really helped me get my head around the wiring.. when i bought my bike the wires had been pulled out by some kid that thought he knew how to fix it and apparently got bored half way but i have stripped the wires back to basics and put it all toghether like in your diagrams but i still cant get spark through the plug.. i have swapped out the cdi for a new one but it didnt help.. i have been hesitant to solder the wires until i got a spark in case i had an issue and i have learned after loads of reading that the yellow and white wires are pointless so that is a load off my mind but still have a couple questions, i have 5 pastel coloured wires (light pink, purple etc) coming in a second loom from a black circle type thing which most bikes seem to have (its next to the stator) now i dont know what this is or what its supposed to be connected to but it has a 5 pin plug the same as the male plug that normally joins to the cdi.. does it have anything to do with the ignition circuit? also i think i may have a ground issue because i have connected all my ground wires to a crimp on ring connector and put it under a nut on the coil bolt but i have a feeling that its not adequate.. perhaps the paint on the chassis is preventing ground but not sure i guessed it would still get good ground through the coil bolt itself but perhaps not.. any ideas?

cheers boys, FF

ahh gear indicator is the black thingo that i couldnt identify.. what would that be connected to if my bike wasnt fitted with only the most basic parts? haha

alright.. today after i put up my tv i found time to play with the bike.. i sanded the ground terminal and played around with it a bit.. when i was kicking it over it wasnt grounding anywhere it shouldnt have been but still no spark, magnets have plenty of magnetism.. i dont have access to a multimeter so that makes like tough.. any thoughts? got some pics for you too.. if you can see that i have made a mistake PPLLEEASSEE let me know :p

28112009038.jpg

28112009039.jpg

28112009040.jpg

my wires from my cdi are not the same colour as dis pic does any one have any other digram

What colour are they? Most wiring diagrams will be the same as the ones I made. You can do it without the colour. Any members have a pic of the stator withour the cover on? Then you could match your wires up with theres. I don't have access to a bike atm. Sorry.

IIRC - there will be a trigger wire on the outside of the stator, It's connected to the pickup. and the black and red wire will come from underneath the flywheel.

HEY MATE there is a pink one that goes with the black and red from the motor den a red wire blue&red,green&black,green&red and a light bronie redish colour

Hopefully this will help you... the green and black should go to earth. Can you match up the two wires in this pic?
IMG_0251-1.jpg

yeah the black one goes to my pink wire on my cdi and not sure were the blue one goes and all the rest from the cdi go to

Latest posts

Back