How To: Wire Your Bike (Kick Start)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, one thing that baffles me!! you say "dont think it has spark"
it either has or hasnt got spark lol

if it inconsistent then its more than likely the stator coil..

there is a thread on testing the stator using a multimeter set on ohms..
around 120 on the pickup sensor and i have seen as low as 350 on the stator coil..

another thing to look for..
if you havent had the magneto cover off yet remove it and see if the pickup senor isnt broken and hanging off... iv seen ppl glue them on just for a quick sale lol

if the budget allows, buy a new harness, coil, cdi, spark plug and stator plate.. there all cheap and it will guarantee good spark...

Charging Set-up:
The important wires are the white and the yellow from the engine. The manufacturer chose really bad colours for those reg wires as black and green are both standard colours for earth... You will have to disconnect both the green and black and test with a multimeter to find out which is positive and which is negative. Connect the white to white and the yellow to yellow.

OK thees are the two wires (wight)/(yellow) that are not hooked up for me when i got my bike thees wires were not hooked up , I have since got a new motor and i did not hook thees up because there are not wires in my harness for them do i need them with a kick start bike ?

Last edited:
the white and yellow wires are for if you are running lights, like quads or for rec rego, but if its just kickstart and no lighting then you will not need them mate.

please help i have a bike with electric start which i dont realy want (electric start that is ) i have followed your diagram but my engine has bl/w and green in one conector and 3 yellows in the other i know where the bl/w goes and i know the green is earth but which of the yellow corespond to the black and red wire.
Thnks

Some clear pics can help mate. And pics of where the yellow wires lead will help

im gonna put some pics up in a mo but all the wires im talkin about go into the stator/magneto

can anyone help me with uploading some pics of the problem i have when i try to upload them is say cannot copy or move file even though they are the right format

library

willi82, maybe start a photobucket account for your pics, (free)
upload them there,
then copy and paste the IMG CODE here into your new post?

This pic is your typical stator with lighting.
enype3et.jpg

Green or green/white is earth, yellow and white wires are lighting, blue/white is for stator pickup, and the red/black is power. This next pic will show the stator coils, the black coil is the power coil for the spark, the white coil is for lighting, there is 2 wires leading to the white coil, they are lighting and are not needed if you don't have lights or electric start.
uhaza9ar.jpg
. So you need to distinguish which two yellows run to that and which yellow runs to the black coil, the yellow that runs to the black coil is the one that joins to the red/black wire. If you can look thru the flywheel with a torch and pull one on until you see the one on the black coil move.
gudumypu.jpg

But is unusual a power wire is yellow and it may still be red/black inside the magneto like pictures.

Mate i will do this today im from the uk but i guess chinese bike are all the same im pretty good at solving problems but i have to admit this one had me stumped!!! nice one bruva fingers crossed if it works my boys have got a weekend of fun thanks

i think i manage to upload some pics in a couple of post ago from photo bucket if you left click the little icon open image

just a quick one does this wiring work for 2 stroke and 4 stroke

this thread only relates to 4 stroke motors.

your pics are still still not showing?

is your stator anything like this one?
it still has the black w/red stripe though?

1stator1.jpg

if you left click on the icon and open image in new tab should be able to see the pics on photobucket

567_zpsebe04db9.jpg.html
http://s1311.beta.photobucket.com/user/stevewilli82/media/565_zps6a9b0004.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1http://s1311.beta.photobucket.com/user/stevewilli82/media/564_zps8cd2af0b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2http://s1311.beta.photobucket.com/user/stevewilli82/media/563_zpse1aed2ef.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3
Hope these work please let me know if they don't work
I will also take some pics of the stator cover removed in the morning im a bit out from you guys with my times as im in the uk but this side is better and has so much more info than the sites over here "nice one"

Last edited:
handy mine is a 4 stroke bloody chinese i had a skytem st125 but now it has a skyjet engine as the skyteam was buggerd not sure if this helps with the diagnostics
Thanks Guys & garls

handy mine is a 4 stroke bloody chinese i had a skytem st125 but now it has a skyjet engine as the skyteam was buggerd not sure if this helps with the diagnostics
Thanks Guys & garls

Latest posts

Back