How would i get the most out of my brand new bike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHZminiriderz

Reaction score
So my Dhz dpro 140 is here and i was wondering how to get the most power out of it. I have noticed that when im fairly flat in fourth that it does not go as fast as i would expect it too and it has ALOT of vibrations. My gearbox is sometimes a bit skippy and i go from 2nd to 3rd it sometimes hits neutral. So i was just wondering if any of you MR Guru's would share some secrets on how to fix and improve some things. Remember im not the most technical person yet haha

well to be honest if you want more power now is a good time to upgrade the engine to a 160ho, it will have heaps more pull than your 140cc and when you get bored of the power of the 160 there are numerous mods that you can do it

the best mod is the V2 head as it has roller rockers, a high lift cam, bigger valves, and no this head is not available for the 140

well to be honest if you want more power now is a good time to upgrade the engine to a 160ho, it will have heaps more pull than your 140cc and when you get bored of the power of the 160 there are numerous mods that you can do it

the best mod is the V2 head as it has roller rockers, a high lift cam, bigger valves, and no this head is not available for the 140

Pbk is right the 160 would be the best mod for your bike, although...by the looks of it you have just bought it so while it maybe the best mod it may not be the most viable for you at this stage.

Without reading through your threads/post's what carby are you running? best bang for your buck would be a carb upgrade and decent tune and maybe a big bore exhaust also.

yeah i'd love to upgrade my engine but i dont have any cash at the moment, im only 15 so im not raking in the money. I am running a 30mm Mikuni carby

yeah you could, but as you mentioned funds were low..

Most riders arent fussed on the 1/8th turn throttle either, but the uni filter is a bonus for sure..

You will most likely need to change the jetting, not 100% sure on the best for the 140 but im sure someone here will know.

can be but you lose a lot of reliability as the head gasket is really thin near 1 of the barrel studs/dowels..

Latest posts

Back