Huge Recruiting Blitz

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_GDFP

Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
Since the Plethora of Morons has been sold to a faceless conglomerate, forumfoundry, an even less mini-loving entity than the PO, I think it's perfect timing for a HUGE push to grow MR. Just a thought :) Rats have left the sinking ship. Scoop up and welcome the survivors.

Since the Plethora of Morons has been sold to a faceless conglomerate, forumfoundry, an even less mini-loving entity than the PO, I think it's perfect timing for a HUGE push to grow MR. Just a thought :) Rats have left the sinking ship. Scoop up and welcome the survivors.

I am totally with you there. The mini bike scene is very cool, and we all benefit from having more people involved. Lets get pro-active people and help in any way you can to develop the mini bike scene, the website, tracks that support mini bikes, and get more people riding mini bikes. Everyone wins. I will be doing my part. Any first suggestions GDFP ??

A couple thoughts:

List of mini-friendly tracks, with dates, and hopefully track owner participation in the threads.

Ditto, with riding areas, times, rules, etc.

Pressure on manufacturers/importers/retailers/each other to create reasonable noise levels and maintain spark arrestors.

Lead by example. Helmets, riding gear, create/maintain/stay on marked trails. Involve family, friends. Hell, Peto could run heat races with just his offspring.

Here's a biggie: If you buy a Honda, and move from one town to another, you'll still find a Honda dealer reasonably close. Minis are a drop-ship and wish for the best affair. The ONLY reason the industry is alive is forums like this, with shared experiences. Far too rarely, is the answer to your problem, provided by the guy who took your money.

I can go on. And I will...

Yeah awesome, that is a very good list to start with. The biggie there for me to start with is the track. Having constant input from track operators regarding practice times, track changes, and most importantly race dates will help get guys on their bikes and at the tracks riding. I can and will be providing input and taking feedback about the local track here in Brisbane for the mini bike guys, as I have known the guys that run that track for the past 15 years, having been involved with that club and its 2 past incarnations of tracks.

The noise one definitely is a good one, as some of the mini bikes, especially the cheap ones, would have tried and true Formula 1 fans putting their fingers in their ears. SOOOOOO LOUD !!!

As for riding on the marked trails, or even riding legally, this will definitely help our cause if this can pushed, but could be a tough fight. There seems to be many parents who buy their kids their first motor bike, and due to the cheap entry level pit bikes out there now, a lot more people having been doing this than in the past. With lack of availablity of information about legal riding areas, many parents are seen letting their kids ride these new motorbikes in the nearest open parking lot, industrial area or on council land. This is what gives ALL mini bike riders a bad name, the few that continue to ride on illegal areas. Again, this would be a very tough to combat, as I see it.

Lastly, yes the forums are a great source of information, and good fun, and as they say, knowledge is power. Spread the word.

Now I'm preaching!!! LOL :bolt:

All this is great ideas but there is one point you are all missing. The riders themselves are not keen to participate in anything. Everyone is complaining about no where to ride and no one to ride with and when some one takes the initiative to organise a ride day or race day on a legal establishment every one is too busy doing other things or have other plans. Ill put some pics up soon of a boxing day ride that I took part in. Wait and see how many people say they would of done that or I never heard of that or I would of done it but yet when it was been organised we struggled to get 12 bikes.
The riders need to pull their fingers out and get involved or the sport will keep crumbling into a whinging mess.

Good luck with any of this

Here in Australia .... with the urbanization of the land ..and over governed and regulated police states ,there are little options to have

There is a new park opening up http://www.ma.org.au/index.php?id=97&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=5702&cHash=7c8e666701

this has local government support and should be a great place but it will need riders to go there to succeed ..will that happen ??

I am still totally amazed that big players like Honda ,Yamaha,so on and so forth ...dont get involved with the local councils and state government to get parks to ride in ... hell they sell a product but provide no where to use it ??

I have moved away from trail only bikes as its just to hard to get a place to ride ....now im reg insured and licensed i ride where i want when i want with in the law

But that is not an option for our younger riders to have .....time for change or the changes being made will ruin our sport

Good luck with any of this

Here in Australia .... with the urbanization of the land ..and over governed and regulated police states ,there are little options to have

There is a new park opening up http://www.ma.org.au/index.php?id=97&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=5702&cHash=7c8e666701

this has local government support and should be a great place but it will need riders to go there to succeed ..will that happen ??

I am still totally amazed that big players like Honda ,Yamaha,so on and so forth ...dont get involved with the local councils and state government to get parks to ride in ... hell they sell a product but provide no where to use it ??

I have moved away from trail only bikes as its just to hard to get a place to ride ....now im reg insured and licensed i ride where i want when i want with in the law

But that is not an option for our younger riders to have .....time for change or the changes being made will ruin our sport

Already opened Snitch:

Queensland Moto Park -Home

Will let you guys know how it is for the minis, hopefully they have a good variety of tracks ey!

expect pics and vids soon (weather permitting that is)

Cheers
Carlton

yea thought it had .. a few mates rode there a few months ago on the press release .. i hadnt looked at it since then

Latest posts

Back