Hummer Make/Model identification HELP PLEASE

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOmAN

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to site so sorry if I'm going against the grain in any way. I searched the keywords I thought would give me the already asked/answered question(s) to no avail.

So here it goes, I recently got my hands on, what I thought was a good deal at the time, 2 Chinese...? made dirt bikes that say Zongshen on the engine cases that in in ROUGH SHAPE. So ill start with the one in the title as thats the one I have up on the bike stand. Im hoping someone can help me properly identify the make model and model year of this specific bike so I can correctly source/order parts(if it makes financial sense) or begin parting them out with applicable descriptions.

This is what I know; this bike says, as stated before, Zongshen on the engine case, hummer on the swing arm, its air cooled and the top end is seized.....or maybe something wrong internally with the kickstart assembly...Not sure haven't opened it up yet. Thats it thats all I know. 2 stroke OR 4 stroke? The lack of expansion chamber on exhaust pipe suggests 4 but .....I dunno? Is it a 150,200,or 250 cc and how do I know? Can I use the serial # for the identification purposes and how are the numbers & Letters orientated?

As a side note I am not new to wrenching on bikes although I have never owned one of these, I've only ever had the popular brands between my legs KAWASAKI,KTM, YAMAHA, HONDA etc etc. my very first observation with these things is WOW they are HEAVY BEASTS!!! The rear tires are TINY cute, awfully wide for a bike, and plastics seem to be copied from the popular brands but executed Terribly. anyway opinions are like a******* right!?

Anyway If anyone can help with my situation It'd be Most appreciated!! thanks and happy trails

post some pictures and there will be a lot more help
under the sprocket there should be an engine id code, on the cylinder, it will say what cc
all good pit bikes are four strokes. There are also a lot of possible cc's,
50,70,88,90,110,125,140,150 and 160 are what i would consider the possible cc's of your bike.

I have just searched up pictures of the hummer bikes and it seems they have vertical engines, not horizontal. This means that its either a 125, 150, 200 or 250

Thanks for the reply T.J ill try to upload photos now .....hope I do it right.

Attachments

• IMG_0929.JPG
    IMG_0929.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
on the cylinder somewhere there will be a number, I'm going to say its either a 200 or 250. Crf 250 plastics will suit it and they run 14/17 wheels, a bit smaller then jap and European bikes

Okay so I couldn't find the number telling me what cc was on the outside of the cylinder anywhere, but I did dismantle the bike and found in under the valve cover its a 250. unfortunately the top end is done there is/was about an inch of rust in the cylinder. Ive had it soaking in kreep now for almost 24 hrs. maybe I will be able to free it up so I can slip[ the head off soon.

So I opted to throw the other bike on the stand and see what I could do with that one. Its a zongshen 250 as well but I think its an older model. I can't find a serial plate anywhere on it....? and ideas?? im noticing most of the parts from the ??newer thumper??? in the picture are mostly the right fit although the cases are slightly different....the motor mounts, although different design measure out the same.

my question about this one is how will I know im sourcing the right parts for it???.....(Im going to do a ground up restore and gift it too my wife who wants to learn hoe to ride bikes).Last night I was able to get it running so seems like a good start. where can I get the parts?? eBay ?? I notice when I look for the list of parts I know I need it usually says its for a tao tao or some other Chinese Japanese model im not familiar with. Are these parts fairly interchangeable ?? ill post a pic of the other bike soon.... Thanks your being a big help!!!!

they are all fairly similar but the horizontal engine pit bike parts will not be interchangeable. eBay will be really good for parts but most of the parts should be interchangeable between the two. Crf 250 plastics should suit the bike.

Last edited:
that's probbly Zongshen CB250 engine. CB means timing chain. but it's in fact 223cc. the cylinder bore is 65.5mm, the cylinder height is 81.5mm. most of off-road bikes use that Zongshen engine in China.

Latest posts

Back