Hunge 25 Thumpstar build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave45042

Reaction score
Had this bike about 6 years now, bought it second hand, rode it for a while as it was. Didn't ride it for a couple of years until recently getting back into it.

From what I can tell it's pretty original except for rear wheel and possibly engine. If someone could ID the engine that would be sweet as I have no idea what breed it is, all I can tell you is it's 125cc and 1N234 manual.

Have done a couple things already including custom made rear brake line as original sheared off (routed incorrectly), ported head using the porting thread http://www.miniriders.com/motor-tutorials/6959-porting.html on this site and matched intake and carby. Also adjusted valves using this thread http://www.miniriders.com/motor-tutorials/24965-how-set-valve-clearances-horizontal-engines.html which made a big difference as I now have compression!

Thought it was time for some upgrades as the forks are shot and the rear is like a pogo stick.

So what I plan on doing:
1. Replace forks
2. Replace shock - already fitted
3. 26mm OKO flatslide carb
4. Maybe exhaust, not sure if it would do much with stock engine

ThumpieLymingtoncrop.jpg

IMG_45621.jpg

IMG_45601.jpg

IMG_45611.jpg

Pics of engine if someone can tell me what type it is.

IMG_45571.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_45561.jpg
[/IMG]

Work done so far:

New custom brake line

IMG_45551.jpg

Rear shock bought from 'mattbombers' fitted today. Once fitted found that 550lbs spring was way too stiff so stole the 400lbs spring out of my downhill MTB that was a perfect fit! feels good now.

IMG_45531.jpg

IMG_45541.jpg

Had to cut bottom out of seat to clear reservoir. Not sure if this is what other people do. Looks a bit rough but cant see it when your riding. :D

IMG_45581.jpg

IMG_45591.jpg

Looks like an original Jialing 124cc to me.. which is what these came with !!

Bike looks sweet dude ! To me it looks like it's all original bar the Rear shock, Back wheel as you said and the oil cooler these never had one..

Awesome build man, such a clean, classy looking bike! I would say the engine is a Jialing 124cc too, good engine from what I hear, the Mojo 125's ran em too. Loving the thread man, make sure to keep us posted :D

+reps brother

pb performance said:
Looks like an original Jialing 124cc to me.. which is what these came with !!

Bike looks sweet dude ! To me it looks like it's all original bar the Rear shock, Back wheel as you said and the oil cooler these never had one..

Thanks for the info on the engine!! And yeah I forgot about the oil cooler.

Carlts said:
Awesome build man, such a clean, classy looking bike! I would say the engine is a Jialing 124cc too, good engine from what I hear, the Mojo 125's ran em too. Loving the thread man, make sure to keep us posted

+reps brother

Thanks Carlts, was thinking about installing a sticker kit but now think the Thumpstar kit looks pretty cool as you don't see them much anymore.

Do you guys think that once I put the 26mm OKO Flatslide carby on a larger diameter exhaust would make any difference, the engine is stock except for a minor port job??

Yeah man, you could probs get away with an OKO 26mm, if its got the right jets and tuning for the engine size. Should make it a bit snappier than stock. As for the exhaust , the benefits would be more aesthetic than performance.

OK time for an update!!

Got a bunch of goodies for the front end so lets see how it all goes together........

IMG_45741.jpg

What I started with
IMG_45761.jpg

Remove number plate
Remove brake caliper
Remove forks and toss in bin

IMG_45771.jpg

Fit new fork legs and align
IMG_45781.jpg

Install new brake caliper
Fit new front wheel
Measure axle spacers

IMG_45801.jpg

Cut down axle spacers to correct size
IMG_45971.jpg

Plumb new brake line to existing master cylinder
IMG_45981.jpg

Fit tyre to wheel :frustrated:
Install wheel
Bleed brakes
Fit number plate
Fit front guard

IMG_45991.jpg

Ready to ride.........
IMG_46001.jpg

IMG_46011.jpg

IMG_46031.jpg

Now maybe for some more power..........

BTW those stickers on the forks will be coming off cause I think they are UUUUUUUGGGLY.

Im impressed its still got the original engine, most people blew the kick start gears in them.. I know mine did, but i managed to get spares for it at the time.

Cant be to many blue thumpstars rocking around thats for sure, never mind still rocking the stock plastics.

Wow that is looking awesome as!! That set of Fastace forks make it look mint. Awesome piccies as usual mate! Congratulations

Im impressed its still got the original engine, most people blew the kick start gears in them.. I know mine did, but i managed to get spares for it at the time.

Cant be to many blue thumpstars rocking around thats for sure, never mind still rocking the stock plastics.

Yeah I'm a bit worried about that. Ever since I adjusted my valve clearances I now have a lot more compression and it kicks back every time unless I start it properly i.e just past T.D.C.

mate I love this looks beasttt ive wanted an original thumpy for a while been a few on gumtree lately so might get one before there extinct lol,well done!!

Really i have a 2004 - 2006 90cc thumpstar
only the Hunge25 came with the billet frame. i had a red one stolen from my back yard years ago, got myself another one (avitar pic) i took off the factory blue plastics to save them and put the black set on.

Latest posts

Back