Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xLOCOx

Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys! Just a warning, if your a greeny or a bit of a woose..... I wouldn't bother looking at this thread.... Don't like it, bad luck its called human nature!
OK so I've got a 22 and a 12g shotgun... I use it to do both hunting and target shooting... As practice known as "conservationist" ahaha lol
Nah its a really good hobby other then riding dirtbikes!
I'll see if I can find my first rabbit that I got....

Man I can't tell you the amount of animals I have killed. lol

Used to be into hunting big time. Especially Roo's. Great dog meat.

I finished my last year 12 exam and within the hour I was out shooting. Then went for 3 months straight every single day. Loved it.

Use to use a mixture of guns. Good old 22, shotty, 303 bored out to a 3006 (damn that thing had some kick).

Will get some pics of the shells it used to use. Was nuts.

Man I can't tell you the amount of animals I have killed. lol

Used to be into hunting big time. Especially Roo's. Great dog meat.

I finished my last year 12 exam and within the hour I was out shooting. Then went for 3 months straight every single day. Loved it.

Use to use a mixture of guns. Good old 22, shotty, 303 bored out to a 3006 (damn that thing had some kick).

Will get some pics of the shells it used to use. Was nuts.
Holy.... mother! did not have a clue you were into the sport! lol good on ya! ive got a target layin around somewhere... i'll find it hopefully! ive got a steel case 243 just layin around and a couple of 12gauge cartridges too.... i'll see what i can find :p

Never personally owned or shot guns(bar air rifles/pistols) but I've done a fair bit of hunting with Dogs and knives. I find its a little more fun as things sometimes actually escape. I'm def not a greeny but it evens up the score a little imo! I have a compound bow now, never been hunting with it. There is a cool 3d course out in the bush not to far from home. Probably take it up to Morgan if we head up, the beauty of bows is they count as 'sports equiptment' so you dont need to worry about gun safes, transporting them around etc.

This is a bit newer than mine and looks a bit different but this is basically the same model as I have.

Martin Archery - Bengal

Havnt been out with the dogs much lately, but I just found out my neighbours go out with the guy I used to(slightly random but thats Adelaide for ya). So with any luck I might be going out on the next pig hunt. Last time we went pig hunting we got 35 pigs in 5 days, I personally killed 10 of them. Was a busy week that one!! Apparently they got over 60 last trip, no idea what they did with all the meat.

We used to take a 5 star chef up with us who used to cook up all the meals for us(he wasnt that much of a hunter but liked the atmosphere), damn wild pig spag bol was freaking insanely good...probably one of the best meals Ive ever had! :thumbup:

Ive only ever really hunted feral animals in Australia, I think we got a roo once just to eat cause we had no pigs and town was 250km away, the owners of the property hire pro shooters for the roos so not much point in chasing them unless you really need to eat!

My misses has a vintage Bear Grizzly re-curve that is a 50 pounder, I can just get it to full draw but I love the simplicity of re-curve bows they're less accurate, but feel really nice to shoot.

Good idea for a thread Loco! Hunting stories are always fun :thumbup:

soon to get my licence
Current rifles:
Have a 17hmr and a 22 longrifle waiting to be signed into my name when i get the permits etc..
​Experience/game:
I do enjoy shooting only really done pest control And have had professional handgun and rifle lessons.
handguns are fun too not practical at all but fun..

I will probably use the 22 the most for rabbits etc and most likley fox's I have seen my 22 put three bullets In one hole (without me shooting of course) Just gotta sort out the trigger as its a bit nasty
Desired firearms:
May go for a 12 ga for duck season or maybe even pigs if i head up to nsw..
Will have to get a 22 lever action maybe the browning.. Long rifle if i can
Maybe a 3030 but i have no use for it yet, may need something to fix up sick cattle worse case..

soon to get my licence
Current rifles:
Have a 17hmr and a 22 longrifle waiting to be signed into my name when i get the permits etc..
​Experience/game:
I do enjoy shooting only really done pest control And have had professional handgun and rifle lessons.
handguns are fun too not practical at all but fun..

I will probably use the 22 the most for rabbits etc and most likley fox's I have seen my 22 put three bullets In one hole (without me shooting of course) Just gotta sort out the trigger as its a bit nasty
Desired firearms:
May go for a 12 ga for duck season or maybe even pigs if i head up to nsw..
Will have to get a 22 lever action maybe the browning.. Long rifle if i can
Maybe a 3030 but i have no use for it yet, may need something to fix up sick cattle worse case..

Yeah dont go pig hunting with a .22 they just bounce off of big pigs without making them flinch... :thumbdown:

12g would be the ticket!

Yeah dont go pig hunting with a .22 they just bounce off of big pigs without making them flinch... :thumbdown:

12g would be the ticket!
12g untill i grow some real balls and use a knife..

target shooting at my local club would be fun also

12g untill i grow some real balls and use a knife..

target shooting at my local club would be fun also

Nah, it was only scary the first time, but the dogs we use are really good they hold the pig up near the head,or neck, then you just run in at full sprint and either stomp on their neck or hip and shoulder or tackle them, once the back legs are off the ground they cant do anything. :thumbup:

I've actually seen two jack russels take down a pig, it ran out of its hole one jack was on its ear the other was holding it by the tail, the pig was NOT happy, just kinda running around in big circles, I think we all stood there and laughed for a bit!!!

Last edited:
Yeah just got offered to go with one of my mums freinds to go rabbit hunting.... I'll see if I can get some pics.. Later down the track that is....

Sent from my HUAWEI U8950N-51 using Tapatalk

I have been watching lots of walking dead. I am now enrolled to do my gun license. hahaha. im not joking

I have been watching lots of walking dead. I am now enrolled to do my gun license. hahaha. im not joking

Hahaha that is awesome!!

Can't be prepared enough for the zombie apocalypse!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah finally found a picture of the bows on my computer....

The Fred Bear 'Grizzley' recurve is a bit vintage but damn it feels good to shoot! Its actually my partners she struggles wtih it cause its 50 pound...not so easy to get to full draw!

This is the 50 pounder....

Seeing how hard it was to shoot it...Need longer arrows for myself because I cant quite get it to full draw with my girls arrows!

New hunting knife that is yet to see any action! Didnt have a ruler handy when I took this photo.

looking mate!
i do wanna try a bit more archery soon!

THIS IS BIG NEWS!
lithgow is making civi guns again!!! aussie made rifles are coming our way! i think i may have to start savin my pennies :p

looking mate!
i do wanna try a bit more archery soon!

THIS IS BIG NEWS!
lithgow is making civi guns again!!! aussie made rifles are coming our way! i think i may have to start savin my pennies :p

Awesome that is big news! Archery is pretty easy too, you'll be fine if you can aim a gun, with the peep sights on compound bows now its hard to miss really!! Untill you get ridiculously good at it,all it requires is a bit more sneaking up on things. :thumbup:

Not long ago I purchased a nice knife for hunting..
I bought one from the us ages ago.. I thought it got confiscated by customs... So I said hey.. I'll buy one locally.... Lol that turned up... And well 2 weeks after I got the local one... The us one turned up hahha so I gave that one to a mate....
uploadfromtaptalk1401748921613.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1401748934730.jpg
That's the local one^^

I have a 22 magnum for shooting rabbits and birds! And a .223 for fox hunting! .223 defiantly is one of the best guns around i reckon, nearly no recoil and still a huge amount of power. Drop a kangaroo at 500 yards no problem!

.223 are a good all rounder but for an awesome long range high power low recoil gun you cant beat the ruger 204 or the 17 hornet. and are both dead accurate

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeh true, the 17 hornets are pretty good only downfall for then is if it's windy! I don't know anything about 204 but I really like my .223. It's perfect, I have a 6x18x50 scope, bipod and sling. You can't miss! Haha

Latest posts

Back