I need a motorcycle mechanic apprenticeship!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angie_dirtmax

Reaction score
Hi my name is Angie, Im 18 and I am looking for a motorcycle mechanic apprenticeship. Yes, I am a girl but I love motos more than anything and would love to work in the motorcycle industry.

I am more than keen on learning the ins and outs of bikes!

I live in the Sydney West area but I am willing to travel :)

Please email me if you know of or are offering an apprenticeship or even a job in spare parts that may lead to an apprenticeship.

[email protected]

THANKS !

Hey Angie,

Welcome to Mini Riders.

Which one are you in your avatar?

Best place to look for an appretiship would be with your local state apprentiship board. That and getting around to as many shops as possible and getting your name out there. Bike mechanics don't get paid a lot unless on factory teams but it can be a rewarding job. If you don't know a whole lot mechanically, I would get a couple of second hand bikes and start stripping them and learning as much as possible.

Good luck.

Hey Angie,

Welcome to Mini Riders.

Which one are you in your avatar?

Best place to look for an appretiship would be with your local state apprentiship board. That and getting around to as many shops as possible and getting your name out there. Bike mechanics don't get paid a lot unless on factory teams but it can be a rewarding job. If you don't know a whole lot mechanically, I would get a couple of second hand bikes and start stripping them and learning as much as possible.

Good luck.

Hey I have been giving it a go. But i think being a chick isnt helping lol But im gonna keep trying
And Im the one in the middle :)

Hey Angie, my advice is keep ringing and asking people and sending your res out around the industry ...persistence is your key... as you know it's pretty dominated by males so you have to show them you are really keen and serious about this career. If you do that and keep ringing back and asking sooner or later someone will see you really want it give you a start .

Keep trying, once you crack it it will all be worth it .... after all being a cute girl that knows her way around a bike will mean all other females will have hold their womanhood cheaply in your presence and men will be putty in your hands:D

So yeah stay on ya feet n keep throwin punches girl :cool:

Hey Angie, my advice is keep ringing and asking people and sending your res out around the industry ...persistence is your key... as you know it's pretty dominated by males so you have to show them you are really keen and serious about this career. If you do that and keep ringing back and asking sooner or later someone will see you really want it give you a start .

Keep trying, once you crack it it will all be worth it .... after all being a cute girl that knows her way around a bike will mean all other females will have hold their womanhood cheaply in your presence and men will be putty in your hands:D

So yeah stay on ya feet n keep throwin punches girl :cool:

Hahah, thankyouu. I will keep trying, im not gonna give up. I wouldnt love anything more than to know everything about bikes! Im soo keen just wishing someone would give me a shot so i can prove id be better than half the men out there, maybe not strength wise though lol.
Men being putty in my hands sounds soo good ! LOL
I reckon there should be more women in this industry!

Hahah, thankyouu. I will keep trying, im not gonna give up. I wouldnt love anything more than to know everything about bikes! Im soo keen just wishing someone would give me a shot so i can prove id be better than half the men out there, maybe not strength wise though lol.

As do i, there is something about chics that have an interest in bikes ;), and being mechanically minded makes it even better.....but good luck with the hunt lets hope you can land something pretty soon......even ask to sweep the floors for free at a local shop or something, it gives you a foot in the door and then just fire questions at them all day, show them how keen you are.....9 time's outa 10 this sorta thing will land you a job.

Good luck

That's the spirit :cool:

And yeah take what Roost said on board too .... a great way to show you are keen is to work for nothing .... only an idiot or someone who is really keen takes that one on and employers know it ..... another option is doing a course at tafe of by correspondance which will give you some cred and knowledge .... that may give you a foot in.

But yeah most of all keep tryin ....

and you'll just have to trust me on the putty thing ;)

Yeah i went in to a shop a couple weeks ago, just for the day which was really good.
Just a days experience as they were not looking to employ as they have no positions atm but they still let me come in for the day. They said when somethin comes up theyll give me a call but they had 2 apprentices already, so hopefully they are looking for someone soon. I have looked into the tafe courses too, I think that may be another reason why im finding it so hard is bcos the tafe course starts feb so they look to employ early jan even december so maybe i started looking a bit too late, but oh well ill still be trying december this year anyway :) lol

Thanks for you help and advice guys :)

TBH youll hate it after a couple of weeks when you have constant oil stained bloody nuckles and earn $200-250 a week.

Are you serious? $200 a week... Any idea if there is more in car mechanics?

so what, you gotta start somewhere, once qualified you will be on bigger dollars

TBH youll hate it after a couple of weeks when you have constant oil stained bloody nuckles and earn $200-250 a week.

I know its a dirty job, rough and all that but trust me id rather have oil stained fingers - and be doing something i love to do - than have my nails done and sitting in an office bored shitless lol.

I know about the money and the wages for 1st to 4th year but give up 4 years of shit money then you will have a trade and be qualified . You can pretty much do whatever you want after that, if you dont really enjoy it then leave.. but your always going to have a job to fall back on.

Anyway if your passion is motos , what more could you want than to work with them, true? :)

depends where your at. I was on $400 a week 1st year chef 38 hours/per week. Other 1st years where on $250-$320 per week. Im pretty sure motorbike mechanics get payed less then car mechanics and the average pay for a qualified car mechanic is 500-600 per week.

you raced in NSW yeh? I think i have seen you before.. raced for the dirt dolls yeh?

yer shes a dirtdoll racer

im keen to meet up with you all at the next race meet if your there..hmm theres alot people i need to meet up with next race oh well see ya there hopefully ;)

depends where your at. I was on $400 a week 1st year chef 38 hours/per week. Other 1st years where on $250-$320 per week. Im pretty sure motorbike mechanics get payed less then car mechanics and the average pay for a qualified car mechanic is 500-600 per week.

Wow, dude, I get that money at maccas.. (not 400 bucks a week but 10 bucks an hr)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back