i think i need a rebuild

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UAV

Reaction score
hey all

i have a little problem, i own a pitpro 125(lifan) and went riding on the weekend, i rode the bike for a while then i turned it off ten when i went to start it again it wouldnt turn over. there is no compression at all. You can push the kick start with your finger. anyway i pulled out the spark plug and checked to see if the piston was moving and it does move when you try to kick start it which makes me thing i have a seized piston or have thrown a rod. does this sound right? has it happened to anyone else and hom much does it cost for parts for an engine rebuild and to get sumone to do it? and help much appreciated

i recoed my friends pitpro 140cc .......the valves were shot ..thats y it no compression....due to lack of airfilter maintance(should be cleaned & reoiled after every ride) i got a new piston of e-bay ($50 inc. freight) reused the gaskets but you can get a full kit for under $50 and i got a complete 2nd hand head that was like new for a slab of VB...we took the head apart and did a full port job matched and polished it...(it looked sick..i was pretty happy with myself)...i put it all together on sat...ran it in after a bit of fine tuning and a bigger main jet.. in the carby........it reves so much qicker more grunt and plenty of comp......Now for some one to get that type of job done as mates rates about $200 plus parts.....or you go shopping for a new motor..I seen a new 141cc outlaw lifan engine for under $600...on e-bay

well im pretty sure i can get a new 125lifan for between 299 - 399.
im just not sure if i should get a new engine or rebuild and work the engine i already have.

or just buy a new head and a big bore kit while your at it, ive got some spare ones if your interested???

Did you put it into gear to see if there was any compression when you tryed to push it?
could possibly just be your kickstart gears which would cost around $50 to repair.

or just buy a new head and a big bore kit while your at it, ive got some spare ones if your interested???

i would be interested in those parts, but what else would i need to rebuild it?

Did you put it into gear to see if there was any compression when you tryed to push it?
could possibly just be your kickstart gears which would cost around $50 to repair.

nah i dont think its that because we were trying to roll start it aswell aand when we rolled it and let the clutch out in 1st or 2nd gear the back wheel just rolled

a few people have suggested that maybe it could be my clutch, what do you think?

Latest posts

Back