I'M over MINI'S

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comparing my china with a jap 125cc is like comparing apples with oranges yes they are both round and yes you can eat them but hell they are completely different when it comes down to it.

How many 4 strokes have you ridden?

I ride and own 4 of them myself one which has 125nm of torque now show me a 2 stroke that has ever produced that?

I just think this is getting ridiculous and we could sit here all day arguing our point to support what we have to say.

But when it comes down to it, it's not really an issue i guess i will always have a higher regard for 4 strokes and you for 2 strokes... so be it.

So lets agree to disagree shall we?

yeah well i'm buying a second hand one so there will be no warranty on it lol. Its not the reliability that i'm after and yes they are easy to maintain no matter what anyone says. I'm after the pure power of the 2 stroke, there is nothing like riding with a power band, it gives you such a bigger adrenaline rush, a bit like having nos on ya car:D

hey 4 strokes have band tooo.... itz just tame and u cant really feel it =(

anyways 2stroke parts dnt last as long as 4stroke parts so
what you end up rebuilding a 2 stroke a coulpe of times a year?
and 4strokes prolly once a year? so then the amount of money
used to rebuild ur 2stroke a couple of times is pretty much the same as rebuilding ur 4stroke once?

id rather 4stroke cuz of the power is spread throughout the entire rpm
range rather than 2strokes with just mainly bottom and midrange power?

Last edited:
ummm mate 4 strokes cost shitloads to rebuild , i mean serious $$$$$ where as a 2 stroke you only have to rebuild the top end once the bike starts lossing power and you can rebuild the top end yourself and parts are cheap. 4 strokes have proven time and time again to be more costly over time ,4 strokes (high performance ones) will only last roughly around 4 years depending on riding conditions before they need a full engine rebuild that will cost more than 3k ,a 2 smoke full rebuild will top out at 1.5k. 2 strokes are a much more reliable bike they do not need compression levers etc and do not overheat as easily as the 4 strokes.2

What you said about 2 strokes only being limited to bottom and midrange power is a crock of shit , ever herd of the cr500? that thing smoked any four stroke that came near it with its crazy top end power.You cn totally alter the power curve on a 2 stroke to having all the top end power in the world via changing the power valve springs , pipe , jetting ,ignition and gearing.
Kids comming through these days will miss out on the thrill of riding a 2 stroke because of the so called 4 stroke evolution , its shit because there is no feeling like hitting that 2 stroke powerband with the front wheel rocketing off the ground and scaring the shit out of you but giving you the thrill of your life but remember it takes a better rider to ride a 2 stroke than a 4 donk .Kids will not be able to afford the costs of 4 strokes and the maitnance they require there for loosing members in our sport.
Give me a 2 stroke and a bottle of premix anyday over a 4 stroke

2 strokes also burn holes in pistons, have oil injection failures, foul plugs, they do over heat as much if not more then a 4stroke, use more fuel etc etc.
but having said that i am a fan of 2stroke bikes :D
power band, power band!!!!!! *evil giggle*

I just gave the guy a couple points on why i thought he should consider a 4 stroke and this has turned out to be an all out war between 2 stroke and 4 stroke fans.

Lets all just settle down and let it go ok.

has anyone considered that you can replace a 4 stroke chinga motor for abour $400.Even if you did once a year that it would still be pretty cheap i reckon,must cost somewhere about the same to rebuild a 2 stroke(dont shoot me down here, i havent rebuilt a 2 stroke since about 1989 but it used to cost about $200 back then.)meaning a chinga (love em or hate em)could have about 10 new engines to 1 rebuild on a "quality"4 stroke from what some of you guys are saying(4K+).I know where my money would be going.After 20yrs of riding jap 2 strokes i have just recently got into pitty's and while they dont have the kick of a power band the low cost and just pure fun of these bikes means i will probably never go back(but never say never ayy!)also having said that my
1P56FMJ with stock IRK has almost as much pull as any 125 two stroke i have ever ridden.
not arguing to one side or the other but just remember not to try and compare jap and china for any arguments until you can present a jap bike at the same price point for FAIR comparison!or find me a $8000 china to compare

two stroke or four stroke, no matter what you end up with! i'm sure you will have tones of fun with it!!!

PEACE

That's what causes the much higher torque outputs

Considering you have never ridden anything over 250cc, you wouldn't even know what torque was.
Compare the newest 4 stroke 450cc to an Yamaha IT465or 490cc and tell me they have no torque, and they are now 20 yrs old.

I said 250cc 2 stroke i own 2 road bikes Kawasaki ER500 and BMW R1100S so with 112Nm of torque available to me i think i know what i am talking about.

Why are you such a hostile person because you really need help and if you are 37 like you say then it's about time you grew up mate.

I believe they are only 97Nm NOT 112.
Grow up your self, and stop believing that your opinions are the only ones that are right.
And just in case you weren't aware of it yet; The Earth isn't Flat.
I Would put money on MY 300cc KTM 2 banger flogging the crap out of your er500.

"mines faster cause its a ford/holden" "mines faster cause its got a ducar/lifan" "mines faster cause im compensating"
FFS CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon and yes a stock R1100S is 97/98 but I have the boxer sports pack with chip upgrade and other various performance parts.

and yes you KTM 300 would beat my ER500 because it's a learner legal slow POS but i can't also bet in return that if it were going on distance it clean the floors with yours.

Currently has 36,000kms on the clock with 4 oil changes and 3rd set of spark plugs never done a rebuild or anything of the such and it's bullet proof which is probably more than i can say for your rough around the edges KTM.

On distance, yes the 500 would out last the KTM.
Agree to disagree shall we?

P.S The KTM 300 is also LAM..

Latest posts

Back