Inner rotor kit!? Opinions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. random failures crap spark... better off with a flywheel or head mods..
Money could be better spent on other things not this comical overstocked item. Imo ofcause..

yeah i agree,
unless you are spending $300 on a Kitaco or Takegawa inner rotor kit, or $500+ on a PVL kit

i helped get a china one running a while ago, and tbh the little ducar 125 it went one went like the clappers. almost as much power as my gpx, but it only lasted 10hrs roughly before the magnets dislodged and destroyed nearly everything. china ones are extremely hit and miss with quality, thats why everyone says to steer clear of them unless you have big dollars for the taki/kitaco versions

For bigger bore motors I reckon you need the inertia of a heavier flyhweel, particularly hard on the brakes into a corner. The 125 would be ok with an IRK, except the bad build quality of the kits. Stock is best I reckon

yeah, im definately not arguing for em, just putting my experiance with them out there. tbh the outer rotor kit that the gpx uses should be on all 125 donks imo. best of both worlds then!!

For bigger bore motors I reckon you need the inertia of a heavier flyhweel, particularly hard on the brakes into a corner. The 125 would be ok with an IRK, except the bad build quality of the kits. Stock is best I reckon

Especially when you get on it out of a corner and the thing keeps stallin... I would stay well clear from them based on everything iv'e heard. What motor are you planning on putting it on?

i helped get a china one running a while ago, and tbh the little ducar 125 it went one went like the clappers. almost as much power as my gpx, but it only lasted 10hrs roughly before the magnets dislodged and destroyed nearly everything. china ones are extremely hit and miss with quality, thats why everyone says to steer clear of them unless you have big dollars for the taki/kitaco versions

What do you mean the magnets dislodged? They came off the plate or somthin?

out of the rotor/flywheel, one of them let go. bin the lifan and upgrade, gpx 125 are a filth little engine, or crank out some bigger cc's with the z160ho or the yx 150/160's. plenty of worthy upgrades for them :)

here is some damage caused to a engine running an inner rotor kit

crank.jpg

here is a magnet that fell off an inner rotor flywheel after 1 minute of running

attachment.php

clutches can explode

Carnage003.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

Thinknill stick with the good ol flywheel that came it and mabey chuck a 17t front sprocket on there idk but these inner rotor kits look f****d, I rekin the Lifans are pretty sik little engines but Iv never even seen agpx or yx So I wouldn't know how good they r.

Exploded cutch f*** that!

Yea they look pretty crazy :) how much canu pick one of them up for ?

IMO they are they exact opposite of gutless, my twins old dhz has a new lifan in it and he raced one of our mates that was on a klx100 2 smoker and dragged it :) I actualy couldn't belive what I had seen! Kickin myself I didn't get any footage lol

yeah right, how well was the 2 banger running? thats an amazing effort from a little lifan.... ive had a couple of lifan 125's a gpx 125, z160ho and my 190 anima, gpx thrashed the pants of the lifans, and would go close to the 160 with a decent head on it imo. i dragged a lifan 150 braaap meastro or what ever they are called with the gpx, i will admit the 150 was chugging a bit of smoke but it still did it!!!!!

It was runnin pretty shmik man defently not 100% but I rollsstarted the 2stroke and it put me on my ass, I rekin it was a fair race anyway, sein as my mate was grinning thinkin his klx would whip the little pitty.

What kinda carb did the lifans have?

Latest posts

Back