Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i stil dont understand how the auto decomp works... maybe i like to just have complete controll

^Works on a centrifugal type system (i think thats the right word) you attach this block to the outside of your cam gear then once the engine is spinning the decompression is disengaged (through centrifugal force) and once stopped it slides back into place and engages. Really had to explain without a vid of it working.

It's my turn tomoz night Timmy. Done a couple of builds before but never put a head together.

Will be using your thread for sure so expect some questions!! haha

^ DONT FORGET YOU NEED A DIFFERENT CAM COVER!!! I ordered a new one from Jamie (classic honda) yesterday, hopefully arrive tommorow, then rebuild this weekend, quick test the weekend after, then race in VCM the weekend after.... Busy couple of weekends me thinks.

And mate ask away, i shall answer as best i can ;)

question:

why not buy a lxr roller and put thus nice motor in it :) just i thought, you might have asked yourself this already or are you going the whole power/weight thing lol

^If i could sneak a new bike in i would, but then again there is something about having an unrideable bike that is appealing :)

But yea I am deffinately keeping my eye out for a roller, even a KLX would be better than what i got (in fact anything would)

Bike frame is loosely (very loosely) based on the crf50 frame and my frame being 6'8" don't help things at all :p

Bike frame is loosely (very loosely) based on the crf50 frame and my frame being 6'8" don't help things at all :p

i did one day at frankston and i strougled to walk for 3 days after.. on a atomik nitrous... im about 6''5 and a bit... never the less i have now bought a pitpro se and hopefully it will be better to stand on (on the track there is only 1 spot you should sit... on the tight corners imo)

Is this how it happened lad.
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZfttA0mds-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is there still that problem with the taki decom cam clip coming off and destroying the top end? Woggy wrote it somewhere on here about it, and you need some sort of adaptor???

And how is the s25 cam?

Is there still that problem with the taki decom cam clip coming off and destroying the top end? Woggy wrote it somewhere on here about it, and you need some sort of adaptor???

And how is the s25 cam?

As long as it goes on there properly i don't think there should be an issue (and considering it is all made by Taki, i would have to say there stuff is pretty faultless) I was told by Mr Firepower himself, that once you intstall the clip make sure that you cant spin it with your fingers, if you can than put another one on as it's too loose, they do give you 5 clips so you'll have at least 5 attempts :) As far as the S25 is concerned, i am now thinking that the 35 would of been better as it tops out really quick, I might look at a set of taki retainers soon as that should give me an extra 1k of revs, however the torque is bloody awesome out of the 25, deffinately wouldn't go any smaller with this setup.

As long as it goes on there properly i don't think there should be an issue (and considering it is all made by Taki, i would have to say there stuff is pretty faultless) I was told by Mr Firepower himself, that once you intstall the clip make sure that you cant spin it with your fingers, if you can than put another one on as it's too loose, they do give you 5 clips so you'll have at least 5 attempts :) As far as the S25 is concerned, i am now thinking that the 35 would of been better as it tops out really quick, I might look at a set of taki retainers soon as that should give me an extra 1k of revs, however the torque is bloody awesome out of the 25, deffinately wouldn't go any smaller with this setup.

Thanks timeeh
I've got the yx160 too in my Lxr, and I'm goin for just the v2 head kit with the decomp cam like urs, gonna go the s35d I think. Would the s35 be too big with just the v2?

And it's only taki that make the decomp cam isn't it, tb dnt make one, well a decomp cam anyway?

Yer TB didn't make a decomp cam. I run a standard TB s25 cam, but have the s35 as well. Still yet to try it out though....

with the bigger lift/duration cams, bigger cc's will always soften it down a bit,

same deal fitting a big cam into say a Ford 289 Windsor motor, it's will be very lumpy,
pull it out, then chuck it in a 351 Windsor, it will behave itself more, and be milder.

Thanks guys, would you be able to help awnser some questions in my build thread? Don't wanna keep posting on timeehs thread lol

Latest posts

Back