Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NAME: Tim
BIKE: 1987 LT250R, 1987 TRX250X, and a pitbike IDK what brand
Job: Alignment Tech

Seeing as I'm recovering from a full knee reconstruction and have the next (however long it takes) off the bike, I probably should introduce myself to all and sundry...

NAME: Benny (BebopMc)

JOB: Dj/Producer/Vocalist

LIKES: I love Music, Bodyboarding, attaining knowledge of things I know little or nothing about, medicine and the workings of the human body, including the myriad of chemicals that affect it...any interesting form of art...beer, wine and spirits, and their most wonderful effects. Making interesting music to desecrate the ears of the unsuspecting is my main focus, that and riding Pit Bikes with little or no regard for my own health or safety.

RIDES: 2009 Pitpro Widowmaker Dirtmax 150cc, 2013 Atomik Avenger 125cc (1x Ducar 125cc, 2x Lifan 125cc)
1969 Ke10 Corolla (2 speed Toyoglide), 1979 Ke55 Corolla, Science 7 Mike Stewart signature Esky Lid

Seeing as I'm recovering from a full knee reconstruction and have the next (however long it takes) off the bike, I probably should introduce myself to all and sundry...

NAME: Benny (BebopMc)

JOB: Dj/Producer/Vocalist

LIKES: I love Music, Bodyboarding, attaining knowledge of things I know little or nothing about, medicine and the workings of the human body, including the myriad of chemicals that affect it...any interesting form of art...beer, wine and spirits, and their most wonderful effects. Making interesting music to desecrate the ears of the unsuspecting is my main focus, that and riding Pit Bikes with little or no regard for my own health or safety.

RIDES: 2009 Pitpro Widowmaker Dirtmax 150cc, 2013 Atomik Avenger 125cc (1x Ducar 125cc, 2x Lifan 125cc)
1969 Ke10 Corolla (2 speed Toyoglide), 1979 Ke55 Corolla, Science 7 Mike Stewart signature Esky Lid

Welcome to Miniriders.

Keen to see a pic of the Science 7 Mike Stewart signature Esky Lid? lol

Chuck some pics up of the bikes.

any chance of someone who can help clarify a dispute my mate and I have over what bike I'm actually riding.
Because it was purchased secondhand its true identity is vague at best.
Here's what the previous owner stated.
2009 Widowmaker 150cc Bigwheel
my searching of the internets has led me to believe the following.
2009 Pitpro Widowmaker Dirtmax 150cc YX, its rolling on 17/14 rims so it's Bigwheel size.
any knowledge on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
cheers Benny.IMG_20130418_074251.jpg

Welcome to new member's Tim and Benny

Benny, it's good to have some more SA blood here.
That PitPro 150 look's alright !
The background in your second pic, is that area close to you ?
If it's where i think it is, don't get caught riding there.
If it's not a 2009, i think it might be a slightly newer model PitPro 150SE but not 100% sure
They don't sell the 150's any more.
There should be a build plate on the head tube of the frame with a date on it ?
Look's to be in pretty good condition
Widowmaker were bought in by Kamikazee Disposal's at Parafield, they're not know for good service there.
If it's one of their's it should be ok, Pitpro make reasonably good bike's.

Craig

Last edited:
Cheers Craig

Yeah Bud Reppin' Tha Dirty South, SA.
The second pic is from a couple years back, right by my Gaff, 80 Acres is where it was. Haven't fanged there for time though. Inlaws have a 40 Hectare block in Tanunda so thats where the magic happens (when the leg heals again).
I actually took it to Kamikazee Disposal's the first time i had it up @ Tanunda and they said it wasn't anything they have seen, especially as it's got the Dirtmax treatment. I can, however, confirm that customer service is not their forte that's for damn sure.
Frame reads; LDAYAJ4098G000845
Engine is 150cc YX which seems to be different to the ones they sell now which are 125-140cc Lifan.
I have seen acouple of bikes the same as mine before, but only for private sale so specs are varied depending on seller.
Thanks for the fast reply.

Benny

Sound's good !
Dirtmax were just another company that bought them into australia.
I'm south too, just near Marion

Hi there everyone! Was told I should introduce myself in here so I shall do just that.

My name's Tom, I live in St Paul, Minnesota USA. Some of my hobbies include cycling, hunting, wildlife photography, flying R/C vehicles, and of course, riding minis! I've been riding dirtbikes since age 10 and I am currently 25. I've been doing IT work for the last 4 years with a website and that has been my main job now after things took off a few months in. Other fun I do is run A/V for multiple conventions throughout the states. Bikes I currently own include:

2014 Yamaha Bolt,
2008 Crf230f,
2004 Jianshe Flywing 100cc mini.
Soon to be added will be the Piranha Daytona 190 around tax time next year. Can't wait!!!

The Flywing is clone of the Yamaha PW-80 with the engine being a clone of the Crf50. Bike has been through the ringer but is still ticking along. Burns some oil now. I'm looking to replace the motor with a 125 Lifan to keep her going. Here's the beast just before a weekend of thrashing through the woods. And also major carb clean (sat for a couple years with fuel in the tank..)
fb35850cb293f976167b1bc018430b9a.jpg

Anyway I think that covers enough about me. Cya around everyone!

Tom.

Welcome Tom,
I have a Jianshe PY80 too, it's also a china copy of the PW80 2 stroke
Have a read through my slow rebuild of it, there is a link below in my signature
Have you looked at the GPX125 engine, it will make your Flywing literally fly, they rev to around 13,000 and keep up with a lot of bigger engine's like the 150cc and 160cc's

Shawn5236 has the bike you are looking at too
http://www.miniriders.com/minimotar...ry-highsides-broken-chains-leaking-carbs.html

Hi there everyone! Was told I should introduce myself in here so I shall do just that.

My name's Tom, I live in St Paul, Minnesota USA. Some of my hobbies include cycling, hunting, wildlife photography, flying R/C vehicles, and of course, riding minis! I've been riding dirtbikes since age 10 and I am currently 25. I've been doing IT work for the last 4 years with a website and that has been my main job now after things took off a few months in. Other fun I do is run A/V for multiple conventions throughout the states. Bikes I currently own include:

2014 Yamaha Bolt,
2008 Crf230f,
2004 Jianshe Flywing 100cc mini.
Soon to be added will be the Piranha Daytona 190 around tax time next year. Can't wait!!!

The Flywing is clone of the Yamaha PW-80 with the engine being a clone of the Crf50. Bike has been through the ringer but is still ticking along. Burns some oil now. I'm looking to replace the motor with a 125 Lifan to keep her going. Here's the beast just before a weekend of thrashing through the woods. And also major carb clean (sat for a couple years with fuel in the tank..)

Anyway I think that covers enough about me. Cya around everyone!

Tom.
Definitely go the gpx 125 over the lifan, for not much more cash you get a whole lot more bang! Welcome to miniriders mate :)

Did some quick looking. Yea it does seem the GPX is a much more reliable engine. The Jianshe is beat up so I was looking real cheaply but your right, I'd rather spend a tiny more for reliability and power. Will definitely take a look at your build when the time is available to me. I feel like I'm going to get real addicted to mid size pitsters! :D Really can't wait to get my hands on a Piranha 190.

Thanks!

Hello ladies and gentlemen my name is Oscar

Job: Aviation

Likes: working on my mustang, football, and starting to get into motocross

Rides:ssr sr125 first bike I have ever used great to lock down and get a feeling of the sport will be upgrading once I feel confident enough to jump in the bigger ones.

Hi Everyone. I just want to inteoduce my self (my67xr directed me to this thread..after assisting me with a problem I had)

My name is Chuza, and I recently started/got into motorbikes. My approach is the learn how the machine works so it does not ride you.

Currently I own a pit-pro 150 and XT250. All Chinese bikes. I live in Perth Western Australia.

I look forward to sharing knowledge and experience from my bike projects.

Regards and thanks in advance....

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

I'm Noah ! I like stuff and appreciate help. I am 29 and I live in Brisbane in a teacup.

Latest posts

Back