Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome aboard,
Nice line up of bike's you have there !

If you haven't already checked them i'd adjust the valve/rocker clearance's before you try tuning it.
The one's i've done had no clearance or very little from new.
Adjust it so it's got .003" on the intake and .004" on the exhaust (make sure you adjust them at TDC on the compression stroke)
At TDC, the marking on the flywheel will line up with the marking in the case at 12 o'clock, and the marking on the cam gear will line up at 9 o'clock in the head

Thanks Mate, I checked out the Valve/Rocker clearance when I dumped the oil (if you can call the **** that was in the engine was delivered with oil), & I could not even get a 0.001" feeler gauge between either of them. All adjusted now with fresh oil & its runs way better. Still has a bit of hesitation if I really whack open the throttle so I'll have a good go at tuning the carb when I get some time to have a good test ride. Loving how simple & easy these little engines are to work on. Thanks for the advise, Much appreciated.
Creedy.

Yeah i reckon it might even be cooking oil that come's in them from the factory, lol.
You might need to go up 1 size on the Pilot jet and retune the carby to get rid of the hesitation.

Name: Robbo
Job: Forestry
Rides: 1968 Tr6p

Trying to get a golf buggy with a petrol engine running for the brother to ride in on the course when he comes to visit. And, yeah he's not to good on his pegs.
Cheers Robbo

Did I intro myself, lol anyway, names Burd, I Live in Detroit, where the weak are shot and eaten, lol

I own and operate a Fitebird Forum, like car shows, enjoy restoring my little dirt bike, the guys here have made it easy, like guns, girls with big thingies, old cars, guitars, and rock and roll.

Name: Brady

Job: seasonal part time sugar cane haul out tractor operator

Likes: enjoying the outdoors, love working in a shed with engines ( particularly in small engines and motorbike engines) talking to people locally and networking with others, like to drive and get out there and see what there is to see

Rides: Honda 250L trails bike, my 2008 Toyota hilux 2wd ute and my Edge Piranha 600cc buggy, goes like the clappers and that's all that matters

And hoping for this year to buy myself a Kawasaki ninja 300 road bike!

Name: Mark

Job: Semi retired. Was Mechanic in various fields over the years and done a lot of heavy engineering as well as a lot of other $%#@ jobs.

Dislikes: TV soapies!

Rides: Elstar 125, Linmax LX 110 quad, Atomic 110 quad x3, Kazuma Meerkat 50cc quad, 70cc Pit bike, Atomic "Troopie" quad (test bed and suicide machine)

Hi all, I've been a regular reader for a while now. Got into Chinese bikes and quads as a hobby to keep the hands and mind active. Not much of a rider, that I leave to the nieces and nephews, though I do like to ride but I'm not much good, I'm the builder, maintenance guy. aka crash test dummy.

I like to buy bikes and quads that have had a hard time, usually ravaged by some 14 year old teenager who's toolbox consisted of a hammer and shifter. (adjustable wrench). Bring whats left home and mold it onto something ride-able again. Quite often not even close to what it was like when it came out of the factory.

Finally decided it was time to register and say hi. Also thanks to all who have posted info and knowledge up on this forum, for I have gladly used it when faced with bike problems.

MarCon

About me:

NAME: Joe
BIKE: 2 Unknown 49cc dirtbikes

I'm a full time college student majoring in Emergency Management and Homeland Security. I have two son's age's 3 and 6. The dirtbikes are for my boy's to start off on. Subaru's are the main focus for me as far as toys go. Ask if you want to know more. Happy Easter!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Name: Nic

Job: Maccas

Rides: Thumpstar Sm150

Name: Vadim
Job: AutoBody
Interests: Pit Bikes, Camping, Shooting, Outdoors, Auto Repair.
Ride: 110cc SSR manual with upgraded carb and all wiring.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Name: Mark

Job: Studying Civil Engineering

Rides: DHZ Dpro 160

Last edited by a moderator:
NAME: Jasmine
BIKE:MSO140 motard
JOB: Manager
Hello to everybody I just newbie here and hope to make friends with you

Name: Rob
Job:still at same place after 27 years.
How i ended up here,got a $100 postie of my mate at Mudgee to chase feral pigs on,started watching youtube videos on pitbike engine conversions(more power is always a good thing)bought a 125 pit for one of my daughters to ride(cheap off gumtree,not going is now)possibly buying a new dhz outlaw or pitster pro soon,still undecided if im to big for one (6ft,110kg)and picking up a rolling frame this friday also to build up.....havent had a dirt bike since 2001 yz426f.....

Last edited:
FullSizeRender.jpg395.PNG
Hey Guys, I am new here so not sure where to Post., I apologize....I have 3 Sons and just started restoring Small bikes. 50cc to 110cc. Bought a few used ones, 2007 and restored them with my Boys. I will read up where and how to post. I have a bunch a bikes I did. About 8 of them....Also restored201.JPG033.JPG a 250cc 1/2 size Custom Bobber I did
FullSizeRender (19).jpgcrf110 mods.jpgIMG_6859.JPGIMG_1075.jpgIMG_5839.JPG.

What Up Guys! I'm Brandon Age 15 Located in Houston Texas and I don't know what bike I have lol... CRF50 or fake not sure but yeah... lol Job... Stay at home and do chores lol... and go to school. Likes into JDM cars and wrenching on things... yeah too young for that stuff... but whatever

Name: Rhys

Job: Marine sparky

Likes: Riding my pit bike. Teaching the nephews to ride there bikes and spending time with my young family

Joined the site to try find some other people in the GoldCoast community that enjoy riding also . Find some local tracks even private tracks people may have. Not keen on taking the the nephews to stanmore mx or reedy creek yet as they are still pretty nervous

I think I just won the most boring introduction award

Hello!

Hello miniriders community! I've come and observed before but I felt like joining today.

Name: Patrick

Job: Administration

Rides: Dead stock 2002 CT110 that will go 100KM/h, no word of a lie, I'll get video proof soon.
Other ride is a 1982 Suzuki TS 185 that I'm putting together for a road legal 2 stroke.

Latest posts

Back