Is bigger better?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clinton3

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Is bigger better?

My decision is between Atomik Nitrous 140cc or 150cc or 160cc

Everyone I ask seems to think the more power the better, but is it more fun to have less power if it means you can 'thrash' it harder?

Cheers

Last edited:
150cc, more reliable engine of the 3. My understanding 140cc has gear box issues. People say the 150's are bullet proof china motor. So from the way you're talking i'd be going with the 150cc.

i loved my 150 it was awsome and had more than enough power its still going somwhere 4 years later

yeah go the 150 thats what i have atm and it goes hard

the 140s gearbox tends to wear out quickly. its only a matter of buying a new shifter drum , but its no fun putting it in .

if an engine is going to be trouble then it dont matter what size you buy..

also 99% gearbox failures are more a result of poor servicing or the way its ridden.. and if its to do with the way its ridden then again it dont mater what size engine you buy...

if its a manufacturer fault then its more than likely going to sht itself in the first month..

yx160 is the strongest motor (power) 140 is a slugger after youve ridden a 160

actually i forgot to add. my old yx140 lasted me over 2yrs of absolute thrashing.. no rebuilds no problems at all. pulled it down because the valve seat sunk too much.

the gearbox is now in mattbombers 140 bottom end with still no drama's..

you rid yours proply then. im just saying that in the yx140 gearbox which id assume is the the same as the 150. the part that wears out out the quickest is the arms that hole the gears. im not sure if this is a manufacturers fault or not, do you have any idea ? or is its just poor build quality ?

nope, i raped the hell out of my 140...

poor service history will result in poor gearbox life.. (ie; no or lack of oil changes)

The newest YX 140/150/160 have the same transmission/clutch/kick gears/ignition.
Stroke and clutch cover are the only 140-150 differences.

yer YX150 would be my choice its gone through Dready & now myself & still going strong & plenty fast with a good carby

klx style 150's are hard to come by these days...
some retailers are still pushing out the yx150 DTE (large crf pattern) engines tho. still a good engine just upgrades arent as easy..

I thought you guys were still getting KLX-headed 150's? Must just be the Euro's? They've got more displacement and sound regs in place.

Easy? Poop on easy:rockon:
168cc T-Rex-headed YX150DTE
Photo335.jpg

Latest posts

Back