Is it possible to Clean&re-use a Dried Petrol on/off/reserve on my Honda xr70r 1998?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The filter is all contracted as the fuel had dried it , also the fuel switch was very hard to turn off (as it was left on , not by me) .
I can pull fuel through by sucking on the pipe that joins the carb but no natural flow .

Can revive/clean this in any way ? if so what with? without buying a new one ?

Thankyou for your time
Gert The Rude

yeah i know i can get em cheap but take nearly 1 month to arrive and i wanted my bike running by Christmas, so was just askng if any alternatives aboiut , but gonna et some carby cleaner and see TY :)

Yeah ok I get that...

So drain your tank, remove your fuel hose, get a can of carby cleaner with a spray tube attached....

Blast that **** up the pet **** and in around the tap, and if you can manage down inside the inlet tube. Also toggle the tap on/off when spraying to hold some of the cleaner in for a few minutes and the blast it all out with some compressed air.

The filter is all contracted as the fuel had dried it , also the fuel switch was very hard to turn off (as it was left on , not by me) .
I can pull fuel through by sucking on the pipe that joins the carb but no natural flow .

Can revive/clean this in any way ? if so what with? without buying a new one ?

Thankyou for your time
Gert The Rude

You could try soaking it in some carby cleaner which may do the job.

A new tap is like $20 though from Honda.

i tore the bloody fuel tubing getting spring clips off XD , got a replacement tube cleaned my carb exetra :)
will inform you on resuly , and as im based in the UK post production PEtC0cks are a fir amount when you have to get them shipped to the uk :/

Latest posts

Back