Is something missing from my carby ?!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rach88

Reaction score
I don't how to explain this properly... So please accept I'm going to sound like a total idiot.

In a carby(it's the original one from a crf50 if that help)... The needle should something hold it in place other then an e clip? Like when I look at it there is the slide(the big round piece that moves), the needle and then the e clip... Someone looked at it and said there should be a little piece of plastic on the needle and I have no idea now. But my bike has a massive flat spot.

Help!

Yeah there should be a spring clip that sit's on top of the e clip

needle-setjet_medium16012130640-01_0935.jpg

Sounds like the pilot jet is blocked in your carby too
Poke a long strand of copper wire down through it and check you can see light though the hole where it goes into the carby bore (with out slide fitted)

P1020840_zps3e3678ae.jpg

the pilot jet can be removed if you are careful, have a read here- clogged pilot jet on a CRF50 - Success! - XR/CRF 50/70/110 - ThumperTalk

Last edited:
Yeah there is the spring too lol. But that looks like everything I have. I will get a photo tomorrow. I will check to see if it's blocked... I know the smaller jet(could be calling it the wrong thing) isn't blocked. But didn't really realise the other was like that... So I'll check that... But if it's blocked I'm worried it'll be all messed up as the needle height has been changed... So this might suck as I suck with tuning them haha

Did this just happen?

Has somebody messed with your bike lately? :boxe:

I'm guessing since your an 09 member you know your way round bikes, probably more so than me no doubt! :)
But I'll be the first person to admit that I often over look somthing stupidly simple. Hoping that that's all it is, what notch is the e clip now sitting on?

I'm trusting that you've done all the regular: new fuel, air leak, tank/fuel line blockage, valves, carby clean steps.

Normally a plate or spring Clip the clip is common on Honda. Don't feel like an idiot I've been working on motors over 14-15 years and I still feel like an idiot lol imo asking questions makes u smart wanting to fix and find if there is an issue trying to learn is better than expecting things to work without working on them trust me u sound like someone smart enough to want to learn

Latest posts

Back