Is This crf70 worth the trade?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falco402

Reaction score
I currently have an Apollo 125cc pit bike. its a 2013, big wheeled 14/17 version. I've had a few 125cc pit bikes and this one is the fastest. I have a guy wanting to trade hi8s modded crf70 for it. he's looking for a bigger bike. his is a 2004 crf70. it has tb 88cc kit, with big valve head and cam. has tbolt red cdi. has crf80 dampening rods, newer excel rims, klx 110 rear shock with tbolt extender. new pro taper bars, aftermarket shifter, all new brake shoes, hd clutch springs but still 3 speed semi auto. will also through in a set of gpx forks 730mm, and a +2 a frame swing arm. has stock exhaust but its been drilled out. bike looks like its in great shape and from what i know is worth more than my bike but i still have a few questions.
1) How will the 88c honda motor compare to my chinese 125 power wise?
2) How reliable is it with he big bore kit?
3) I don't think i like how short this bike is compared to mine, what can i do to raise it? will the gpx forks bolt right on? and what will i have to do to the rear? i think id be happy with a 30-32" seat height.
4)How much is the bike worth?
I think thats it but if theres anything else i should know, let me know!
thanks guys!

The crf70 is a japanese bike. Wont be faster but will feel alot nicer to ride and reliable.
Think they are around a $1000 to $1500 2nd hand
The bigger bike his on is a crf70 will like 10k worth of work done to it.
[video]Blake Baggett OFFICIAL Mini Movie: Blake Baggett OFFICIAL Mini Movie - YouTube[/video]

So yeah the trade would be worth it as itll be a stronger bike but not much you can do about changing its size to be like your current bike.
Big bore wouldnt give and reliable issues if its looked after

Last edited:
If the engine sounds good, just on resale value alone I would say yes.

Not sure if you would want to swap black labels for your honda forks, maybe a longer fork leg mod might be applicable?

As for price well without photo's, mpo at a guess $1300-1400?

If the engine sounds good, just on resale value alone I would say yes.

Not sure if you would want to swap black labels for your honda forks, maybe a longer fork leg mod might be applicable?

As for price well without photo's, mpo at a guess $1300-1400?

Here's a pic:
And as far as the swingarm and gpx forks go what are they worth?FullSizeRender.jpg

I believe all stock 70's are like that, because I know most people who put longer forks have to cut the angle of the rake,back to avoid having a chopper

Latest posts

Back