Is this gap normal? Mega Moto 212 fork bearing exposed.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtrider998

Reaction score

anyone have this frame?
As shown by the red circles, the bottom bearing sticks out exposed about a little less than 1/4" of it, all the assembly tutorials I watched including the official from mega moto seem to also have this gap though but it seems as though the race built into the tube that the triple tree slides into is too small of a race or something because it seems really dumb to have the bearings and grease exposed to dust etc like this, plus that bottom bearing is press fitted and if need to replace it later because of sand etc (I ride in some sandy dusty conditions sometimes) then it might be a PITA to replace,

looks like pieces of the steering neck are broken off and missing. Clicking on the pics to open and/or enlarge them didn't work for me, to get a better look.

nah I don't think anything is broken off/missing, it's only partly assembled right now.

the photos are just to show reference of the part I'm talking about. Basically I'm just asking for other mega moto owners to confirm or not if theirs is the same way.

I forgot to mention, I banged it in pretty good with a rubber mallet but it didn't pop in any farther like I was expecting, also yes the top nut squeezes everything together and I have that tightened quite well but there's still this gap with the bearing exposed on the bottom, maybe no so much the actual balls/rollers of the bearing but definitely the rim around them and there's definitely going to get dust in there.

Another issue I'm asking other MM212 owners if they have the same thing: location on frame as shown by the green star on the bottom of the frame pic with the whole frame on its side - on the underside of the tubing it's bent in and there's a crimp tool mark or something as if this was done with a tool and maybe not so accidental? I'm not too worried about the strength of the frame because of this but still worth asking about. It's only like this on one of the two symmetrical sides of the frame.

gopowersports customer service as noted here and there really isn't professional at all, they ignore stuff, I almost want to contact my credit card and get a refund or exchange happening without me paying any return shipping or anything, I almost want to return this defective order and buy an apollo 125cc dirt bike for around the same price.

I got the engine in a separate delivery first, UPS/FedEx, I forgot who delivered it likely UPS, box was damaged although packed well, the flywheel housing is bent it but doesn't hit the flywheel, the electric start key box back plastic debris shield is cracked off and the bottom connection where this key box welds to a bracket to secure it is disconnected. I'm ignored 5 times about this with GPS, asked just to send the black plastic part or if I have to box it and send it back for an exchange.

Then UPS delivers the main box is all ripped open on all sides, they used to have it with a metal frame but now everything about 250 pounds or something is just stuffed in a single layer cardboard box without padding etc.
UPS guy is like 'OMG do you even want to accept this?!" Something about either you have to say yes or no but can't open the box to check if things are missing and then say no, the box was so damaged from UPS already being mailed from Texas to NJ plus I missed the first signature delivery confirmation so it had to get moved around an extra time. I accepted the box come to find it's missing many parts, both forks/shocks, chain, axle, bolts, etc, I don't know what else, they just send you a big mess of unmarked bags of nuts and bolts etc but should be labeled for which step so you don't cross thread anything or use the wrong length bolt and then come to find later you don't know where the correct one was installed - I'd much rather pay an extra $100 and have this mailed basically completed, there's people at GPS that can assemble these in like 25 minutes I'm sure, then the extra ~$50 for the extra shipping cost larger from being mostly assembled and they can still probably make more profit overall despite the extra shipping cost. I'd rather assemble things myself so I know bolts etc are tight but the instructions on which bolt goes where is the hard part because nothing is labeled.

I watched their assembly video like 15 times and made a list of what I knew for sure was missing and emailed them, I also said in terms of nuts bolts brackets etc that they'd know much better than I would so I sent photos of everything laid out and said just check over this and send whatever's missing.

It's been over a month. I can barely walk in the garage with all this stuff laid out I wasn't expecting it to take this long now them still not include parts with the 'missing parts second delivery'.

I get my order of replacement parts the other day and already am stuck on only step 3 of assembly because I'm still missing some bolts (and who knows what else) so I email again and send the same photos and still waiting for a reply.
Guy who previously helped me with this first order of missing parts I CC'd in the email and he just replies with a link to leave GPS a review, yea real funny.

The guy in the video tutorial for assembling this seems like a cool professional guy but whoever is doing their customer service is pretty damn bad.

Latest posts

Back