its finally here an mine 2012 motovert 160R

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1trick

Reaction score
my new 2012 MotoVert 160R

Got it today finally go it. taking it out it out for the long weekend. ill have a follow up on how it went is their anything anybody wants me to follow up on in particular ?
2012-04-03183301.jpg

2012-04-03182404.jpg

2012-04-03183719.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome man, truly a classy bike!!!! As for things to follow up maybe a review on how the bike handles? what's its linkage is like? Nice buy though mate, glad ya researched and decided on a winner!

Awesome man, truly a classy bike!!!! As for things to follow up maybe a review on how the bike handles? what's its linkage is like? Nice buy though mate, glad ya researched and decided on a winner!

cheers i havnt even kicked it over yet lol waiting for that special moment in the bush. the quility is unbelivable . got it for 2,000$ down from 2.5 mad !

Wow..didn´t know that Motovert is still alive...looks more like a Pitster to me

they are like basically all the same now psto, motoverts, pitsterpro hahah just a few minor differences.

i wouldnt wait til ur out there to kick it over just incase something needs tweaking. it may be a motovert but its still chinese :)

i wouldnt wait til ur out there to kick it over just incase something needs tweaking. it may be a motovert but its still chinese :)

bahahaha i am a mechanic so ill have me whole tool box with me at kinglake lol . mad thing is bout the mid size bike u can put it in the old dual cab ute an still close the tail gate

thats cool i need a ute. i just tow mine on the trailer with my 90' ford laser lol. no need to bahahaha me mate i didnt know u a mechanic :p

thats cool i need a ute. i just tow mine on the trailer with my 90' ford laser lol. no need to bahahaha me mate i didnt know u a mechanic :p

Narh thats cool mate. im.newish to riding so i just wanna know any infomation i can get on prepping the bike for the first ride. always learning the day u stop learning is the day youl die lol.

Change the rubbish oil man, get rid of it and chuck some Castrol Activ 4T, (mineral oil) in. Use about 950ml, works well for me. locktite major bolts(i.e engine, frame), grease pivoting parts, and yeah have fun :D

Change the rubbish oil man, get rid of it and chuck some Castrol Activ 4T, (mineral oil) in. Use about 950ml, works well for me. locktite major bolts(i.e engine, frame), grease pivoting parts, and yeah have fun :D

950ml ?? sound bit much z160ho = 700ml ive changed my oil 6 times already and its always 700ml

@nick, hmm 700 sounds too little, I know that 950 is overkill but it does the job well and hasn't let me down.

looks great, also looks like a pitster/psto with motovert graphics really, Are there any differences.

whats the price differences between the 3? anyone know.

looks great, also looks like a pitster/psto with motovert graphics really, Are there any differences.

whats the price differences between the 3? anyone know.

Minor component differences, longer swinger and slightly lower spec shock on the PSTO/MV bikes ;)

Last edited:
@nick, hmm 700 sounds too little, I know that 950 is overkill but it does the job well and hasn't let me down.

700ml is on the top line of the dipstick im only going by what the dipstick tells me lol

Plus i can visually see the oil right up near the filling hole so even if i attempted to put anymore in its going to flow out everywhere !

^^ Ahhh yep, I'm rocking the old style 155z casing, dipstick is locating on top of the casing.

I assume you are re-checking the oil level after bike is warmed to ensure its circulated into the oil cooler too?

The bike went sweet its been run in. not a problem at all. only one fault left hand grip came off. everything went smooth as. recommend the motovert 100% will def be getting the 200CC BIG BORE AN PISTON KIT.

Latest posts

Back