Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This just turned into the "Breaking Bad Build"

Rofl Chops!

Cool nice idea Craig!!

Check Giganis on south rd just over the torrens!!! They should have bulk stuff like that...what about flour would that work?

Last edited:
nah it is Sodium Bicarbonate, to get a big quantity i had to get it at the wholesaler
grains stores like Olivers etc sell it too, they use it for Horses, a 25kg bag is $45

made a little progress today,
stripped the rust off the gear lever, straightened it and painted it satin black.
and got the rusty bolts out that were holding the front fender on, after soaking them threads overnight in Inox MX5, and fitted the good fender that came with it.
i will try and make a video of it running tomorrow if it's not too wet here

good stuff mate, i still cant believe you got it going so easily! with the soda blasting, do you use a normal sand blaster unit just filled with the soda not sand?

yeah it surprised me too, just a fuel bowl clean out, the tap, and the jets.
plus cleaning all the old 2 stroke oil out of the engine, from it leaking in over the years while it was not being used.

my sandblaster is one of the cheaper type ones,
Supercheap used to have them on special a few times a year for $15.
like the one below
i found that a gravity fed set up works better though,
so i modified a 2L plastic coke bottle to hang from a hook above where you are blasting
when sandblasting i use builder dried sand, costs $7 for a 20kg bag at bunnings

FZ2ZAQ5F5EB7K69.MEDIUM.jpg

You got some great ideas! Love your work Top stuff!!. :)

Your sand blasting tool! looks neat as.. cheap easy and works! how good you want it!! :)
Have to get one like that for my self!.

Just thinking aloud here, but would it be a good idea to do it up, and then get your son (who's name i'm guessing is CJ) to put on some of the parts himself?

I don't know much about you, so i don't really know what's going on, but as i said, just thinking aloud.

yeah he helped out quite a bit with his PW50 build.
this one i've done a lot of the work while he's at school so far.

i'll get a pic of my sand blaster tomorrow and post it up on this thread

Oh and I asked the misses about bulk Sodium Bicarbonate and she said Ace Chemical on Mooringie ave would have it bulk!! They'd be supplying the fodder shops :thumbup:

yeah, i went past there the other day on my way to the wholesaler.

this is my old modified suction fed sandblaster, and the gravity fed coke bottle/coffee tin funnel that feeds it.
my compressor is just a cheapy 2.5hp, 110Lpm, and i use my Snap On Water Trap to stop any moisture from going down the air line.
without it, it used to spit and clog up now and then when doing bigger sand blasting jobs
i run it at full pressure when using sand, and a small nozzle on the blasting gun.
when using the Baking soda, i regulate the pressure down to about 80 psi, so it doesn't waste as much soda,
i should really use a mask too, it really dries out your nose and throat
fully covered arm etc is a must, as well as a hat/helmet and some decent google, especially when using sand.
it gets in every where too, behind and in your ears, hair in your pockets down your shirt etc etc

and this is a pic of an old ngk pit bike spark plug i cleaned up with the blaster and some baking soda this morning.

before-

after-

Mate that thing rules, soda is the bomb did you ask the chemical place about soda yet??!!! I'm loving having a shed :thumbup: already found something awesome in there I didn't know I had...!!

i have fitted up the replacement front fender, bolts were rusty, bit i gave them a spray with WD40 and let them sit for a while.
then used some vise grips to undo the screws
i have fitted the Thumpstar handlebars now too, the extra 2" of height makes it feel a lot better

you can see all the plastic shavings on the ground too, from where i have started cleaning up the tank.

Latest posts

Back