Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only thing with satin is the grease that comes of the chain will eventually make it shiny
will have to see what it looks like all finished and assembled, whether it stays satin, or gets resprayed silver or ?

that silver with the sparkle through it would look really good i reckon if you dont like the end result of the satin, but off the bike it looks great!!

i've been stripping the paint/rust off it this morning actually, and the rust isn't that bad.
i'm almost ready to sandblast it now, then etch prime and paint it if the weather holds off.

i have almost finished cleaning up the surface rust off the swingarm, this is how it looks now
i haven't blasted the last bits of rust off yet

Last edited:
I reckon if you could get it shiny enough you could just put a coat of clear on it? I reckon that'd look cool1

it is shinier than it look's in the pic's above, just bad lighting being overcast and raining
i could polish it up mirror finish, but the proper clear that you'd need to paint it with is expensive, $30 for 100mls

the swingarm got a coat of etch primer sunday,
i welded up a couple of weak points where it was just tacked together from the factory, then blasted off the last of the rust around the original welds and sprayed it Silver.
i'll give it a couple of coats of clear tomorrow then it should be ready to refit it tuesday
it is looking a lot better now.

Last edited:
cheers,
i got 2 coats of 2k clear on it this morning, waiting for it to dry atm.

i had some clear left over so i gave the rear sprocket/hub, and rear brake backing plate/arm a coat too

Nice, so has CJ realised its going to be his bike yet??!! I have some left over sky blue, thinking I might do the other rims or hubs I have,then keep them as spares, I can be cool and get some motard tyres for it....and then just sell the pitpro frame and forks....they'll go just takes a bit of patience...almost easier than building it into a bike, less fun but productive none the less!

Cj ? lol.
why do you think i modified the rear shock mounts to raise it ? :lol_hitting:

Motards need the same diameter rim front and rear, but with a fatter one on the back

Cj ? lol.
why do you think i modified the rear shock mounts to raise it ? :lol_hitting:

Motards need the same diameter rim front and rear, but with a fatter one on the back

I thought you bought it for him to get used to rear foot brake and clutch? Or is that the suzuki crust buket?? Is this for you is it?? GGCH(formerly known as Tassy Stu) will surely start to lecture you on how you cant ride two bikes at the same time....now you have 3 bikes....makes sense why its happening so fast though....or is it for your older lad....hows his GF going too, I forgot to ask!! :lol_hitting:

oh and I found that RC car thing with spare glow plugs in it....we need to get that thing running!!! Not illegal to drive on of them on the road :thumbup: shouldnt be to hard to get started either....charge the starter battery and Ill come down this week and see if we can get it to fire up!! Then take it to Apex park and do the big line with it!!!

3 bikes? i wish...

IT200, Atomik Fuse, Atomik Pro X, PW50, PY80, DS80, Chappy x2, Suzuki JR50, plus the buggy, and the quad.

don't forget i need to try the PY80 out before i let him ride it stu!

Jake asked that girl out, she gave him the 'let's just be friends' line :eek:

Ah was that why you had 9 candles for your birthday cake....

Ah spewing friendzoned....

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back