Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah hes' all good with it.:thumbup:

i have assembled the swingarm and back wheel, getting it ready to go back on.
i bought the PY80 without a rear axle and spacers, so i had to make up some new spacers to suit.

i was looking at the frame on the r/h side where i welded in the new lower swingarm bolts' tube.
i couldn't get the grinder in there easily to tidy up and square it all up so decided to pull the engine out.
it was a bit more work than it looked, with lots of rusted up bolts etc but none ended up breaking off.

i cleaned up the new mounting holes for the swinger, and decided to clean up a few other daggy looking welds, and get rid of the surface rust at the back of the frame
about an hour and half later i had most of that done, i ended up removing the rusted up coil mount so i need to make another for that and weld it on.
i feathered out the paint and got the rear 3/4 etch primed, this is how it's looking atm
should look pretty smooth once it is all resprayed black.

yeah hes' all good with it.:thumbup:

i was looking at the frame on the r/h side where i welded in the new lower swingarm bolts' tube.
i couldn't get the grinder in there easily to tidy up and square it all up so decided to pull the engine out.
it was a bit more work than it looked, with lots of rusted up bolts etc but none ended up breaking off.

No way.....why do you get all the luck with rusty bolts....cant believe you got them all off no worries!!! Wont be much like the original bike you got when its done...So what are you selling next....not much room left at your place!

lol dunno, what ever is finished next could be the Suzuki, Yamaha, Pro X, Buggy ??

Geez not like its a big list to choose from or anything.....Buggys are not selling well atm....from what Ive seen. At least that fb swap sell site is getting cleaned up the new admin is super nazi and just banning people left right and centre for talking smack being rude etc(will have to watch myself on there)....its good I think it'll work properly soon for getting stuff sold!! :thumbup:

Looking good Craig.

My question to you is when am I sending my frame over for you to work your magic on it?? ;)

Bit of strengthening and a respay on the LXR frame would go alright. ;)

yeah i guess there is always room for some strengthening/gussets etc.

so i have just spent another hour blasting off any loose paint etc, and 95% of the surface rust, it took 20kg of sand.
the frame is ready for a blow off and some etch primer now.

looking good there mate cant wait to start my builds looking at these build posts get me so pumped to start mine

looking good there mate cant wait to start my builds looking at these build posts get me so pumped to start mine

Yeah Craig is a very inspiring guy!!! He's the singular only reason I have two good bikes now and know anything about pit bikes for that matter. I had a bit of luck finding someone who wanted to get rid of a z160HO to a good home, besides from that most of my builds are basically Craigs work....get on it mate!!! No time like the present to get started on anything :thumbup:

Thanks snicko,
I got the frame etch primed and even drip checked a few of the joins too.
that should stoo the dirt and water getting in and causing the rust to come back.
Should be good to paint the black tomorrow

Stu, what are you sucking up for?
Need more work done ? Lol

Thanks snicko,
I got the frame etch primed and even drip checked a few of the joins too.
that should stoo the dirt and water getting in and causing the rust to come back.
Should be good to paint the black tomorrow

Stu, what are you sucking up for?
Need more work done ? Lol

Trying to get you out the house....remember no riding last weekend and I quote 'cant go away because its my birthday'....was the custard tart worth not riding for.....????

Put birthday oil in zonger put zonger in atomik perimeter frame and lets ride tomorrow....should I ask CJ??? Bet he wants to ride tomorrow too.....

i have too many things to do, and Cj's new PW/Suzuki modified front end isn't finished either

i have too many things to do, and Cj's new PW/Suzuki modified front end isn't finished either

Ill come over and 'help then....the PW is fine if you put the old front wheel back on without the monster tread.....sunday....the next front will have passed by then...I think half you continual tinkering is a lot to do with no riding time....no deadlines....and everyone needs a deadline to go riding :thumbup: like Chops and his fancy new plastics....that no one is ever actually going to see unless we go riding....

I need to finish porting the landcruiser head and manifold, paint the PY frame, fix the leaking roof on the verandah, then try and tidy the back yard.
We have an inspection next week, and i have a feeling he is going to have a look out the back soon.

I need to finish porting the landcruiser head and manifold, paint the PY frame, fix the leaking roof on the verandah, then try and tidy the back yard.
We have an inspection next week, and i have a feeling he is going to have a look out the back soon.

F the roof thats not your job....Ive got space in my shed for the donar bike from Russell....Oh the garboligist hasnt been over....I gave him like 2 weeks....geez....ok Ill let you get on with it this weekend...im fully booked next week so time to get out of debt....just get rednecks head done...so we can all live happily ever after...not brinigng my bike near the place if the bad luck is there....Rae says and I tend to agree your house needs to be cleared....oh and her car refused to start today...I bought some injecter cleaner from cheap as chips used half of it got home and she was sitting in the driveway...timing belt sounds a bit funny...she is happy to pay you proper workshop price to service is...so $500ish...air filter looks good cause its only done 10k since replaced....I didnt do the fuel filter last time...and pretty sure that is the prob cause it started after injecter cleaner, removed the earth for 10mins the started it had to pump the acc pedal a fair bit.....
its at the limit of my knowledge and you got the engine bluetooth thingo.....

the landlord wants to take the verandah down, he won't pay to have it fixed.

Raelenes' car probably needs the throttle body cleaned, plugs checked/replaced, and the new fuel filter, plus an oil and filter change.
$500.....rofl
i can plug in my OBD2 scanner, and bring up the real time data from it to see if anything stands out.
it'll show any fault codes logged in the ECU, that's easy enough.
it take's 5 mins or so to set up a profile and run the scan, then i can give you the codes (if any) to look up on the net
then once the faults are fixed i can reset it.
how can you tell it's the timing belt that's sounding funny ?

Latest posts

Back