Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supercheap have the Rislone Head Gasket Fix in their current catalogue too, about $55,
as well as that Radiator Fix you posted the link for

Not very favourable reviews for that head gasket fix apparently its the exact same as the copper one they make in a different bottle for twice the price....

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

i have only used Chemiweld about 20 years ago, it worked for me then

Stop clogging up Craig's thread Stoozo. lol. Haven't you heard of txt messages?

Want to look at the build not your bloody car!! ;)

Frame looks wicked Craig. I like your "baking" method in front of the heater. haha

thanks, the old kero heater has done it's job many times over the last 15 years

the bottom end of the engine has been etched and painted today
i will take the barrel and head off and do them seperately, black barrel, silver head

Yeah my old man has almost the exact same one. Been around as long as I can remember.

Damn that engine came up sweet.

Do you have a whole panel beating workshop out the back of your place? lol.

Stop clogging up Craig's thread Stoozo. lol. Haven't you heard of txt messages?

Want to look at the build not your bloody car!! ;)

Frame looks wicked Craig. I like your "baking" method in front of the heater. haha

Yep have you ever actually txt Craig....and got a response!? He's to busy with miniriders to answer his phone....geez! Looking good mate!! I'm bout to head to Christies to grab the next project bike!

Yep have you ever actually txt Craig....and got a response!? He's to busy with miniriders to answer his phone....geez! Looking good mate!! I'm bout to head to Christies to grab the next project bike!

Crikey, another bike Stu? Is this so the law of averages means you'll have one running out of the many?:D

Crikey, another bike Stu? Is this so the law of averages means you'll have one running out of the many?:D

Nah this is for my old boss' kids...I have two running bikes already! Still not even close to Craigs count!!

i wish i had enough room to set up my workshop !

so the engine is now sitting back in the bike, and the bike is a roller again
foot pegs and mount, and kick stand are next on the list

Last edited:
wow... to think that py80 was old and crusty.... assuming you didnt dump it in a pot of acid! looks awesome craig! any power mods going into this little weapon.... for cj?
+reps! for the matching wheels :p nahh top job big fella!

Coming up nicely!! Will drop passed tomorrow if you're around...might bring 20kg of sand with me...

thanks,
yeah i can picture it bobbed out.

i might make up another base gasket for the barrel, it will open up the exhaust port another mm.
possibly do a bit of port work too if my new rotary tool arrives...
i need to buy more sand too.

i just finished connecting up the wiring on the PY, so that's another job out of the way.

Last edited:
Wow, that bike looks almost like new, I can't believe the progress it's made from that crusty old bike! Well done, wish I was this talented!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hot damn that thing looks better and better with every update, well done craig. you would be one of the best "restorer's" on here, the man with the midas touch ;)

thanks,
but i've had plenty of practice restoring all sorts of things.
the worst thing doing it from home, is my shed doesn't have to power to run a decent compressor.
so most of the sanding and painting is done by hand, and pressure pack paints.

Latest posts

Back