Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has your rotary tool arrived yet or you still getting the run around?

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

no, :mad:
jodie went to see them on Saturday i think, and asked them where it was.
apparently they hadn't clicked order on their computer !!??

i paid for it almost 3 weeks ago,
and Ozito told me they had them in stock, and would have it at my Bunnings in 2-3 days.

sh1te weather again this morning too.
i'm sitting around waiting for our land agent to come and do an Inspection

nah it's been wet here for the last couple of days .
and my driveway has a pile of steel scrap sitting there waiting to go to the recyclers, so nowhere to sandblast atm.

yeah think we have had enough rain for a while my yard still has puddles in it farmers have had it a bit too good this winter

i found another shock on Gumtree the other day for the rear of the PY.
it's a works shock off the back of a KTM, the PW80/PY80 use's the same length shock as a KTM SX50 PRO, 280mm eye to eye, it has a clicker on the bottom with about 13 settings iirc, and the spring is about the same rate too.
so i have a much better shock on for now.
i will need to either drill out the bush's to 10mm, or adapt the frame to suit the smaller 8mm mounting bolts.

yeah it was, cost me $25 for the shock.
i would only make some sleeves to slip in the shock mounts of the frame if i cant enlarge the Kato bush's

Great job restoring that bike. Reading this thread really makes me want to restore my Jianshe now! Been a while, do you have any finished photos of the bike?

Nah that's as far as i got, i have too many other bike's and car's to work on atm.
I'll get back onto it soon, my 8y/o won't be riding his PW50 for much longer he'll be too big.

So do you have think the GPX 150 would be to much for this frame? Imagining my Jianshe with a powerplant that big sounds soo awesome.

I think the GPX125 would be a handful in a PW.
The fork's and rear shock both aren't really good enough to the power/speed the GPX will give you, let alone anything bigger
But you might be able to space the spring's in the fork's and change the oil to something thicker, the rear shock would probably need upgrading to something adjustable too

Yea I'm sure you're right. I was glad to find that there are a ton of plastic kits available on eBay for this bike. My bike has no fenders anymore. Wish they didn't include tank and seat but I don't mind spending $75. Also need a new shock. Sisters 400lb boyfriend sat on it years ago and blew it apart... All spring lol. Do ya know any good sites to buy the GPX 125 from? I hate spending a lot on eBay.

Also it seems the PW's have 12" rear and 14" front tires. My Jianshe copy has 14/16" wheels. Rather hard finding 16" fronts... Found an IRC 16 and may get 14" MX32 for the rear. Tires on it now are cheap street like tires.

Are you in aus? Dhz.com.au sell them here. If not, try t bolt. There are a couple of versions, the gpx engine, and there is a zongshen ho 125. Bigget thing to look for is oil cooler lines directly out of the case.

I'm in the USA. I only see Piranha, Lifan, Daytona, Pitster pro and SSR engines at tbolt.com. Are the Pitster pro engines any good? I probably won't mind shoving a 140cc in this thing. I will be modding the forks and mono for more travel of course.

Well where ever I go with the engine choice, its going to be fun rebuilding my bike. Glad I read your build thread (my67xr) for you have inspired me! Will be poking Into my Piranha 190 piggy bank but I don't mind one bit. This was my Golden 13th birthday gift and it will be nice if to get her looking good again with much, much more oomph!

P.S. (my67xr) can I call ya by your first name? Also what would that be?

Tom.

2 year old threads are always a good read.
How is the bike going coming along now? I would like to hear how the 125 turned out as well.
cheers Tom

Latest posts

Back