Josh's KLX110 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
America, but it was coming with a swingarm, seat, plastics and a few other little things so it would had to be in a very large box or a few flat rate ones. I decided id get the chassis sorted and keep my eye out for an engine in the mean time :)

Yer thats the motor i got for my lxr!! About 800 shipped to aus! Great looking motor too, havent run it yet though!

So it begins......

fr_168_size640.jpg

Everything seems to line up, even the brakes which was a surprise.

If anyone has upside down klx triple clamps, would you be able to measure from the bottom of the bottom clamp to the top of the top clamp? I need it to be 24cm or smaller :)

Stuff from the US was sent on Saturday and the frame should be on its way soon, might be here by the end of next week

PIC_0005.jpg

(cant get it to resize haha)
PIC_0004.jpg

also if anyone needs upside down crf50 triple clamps i have some :)

Finally got enough parts for an update haha

If a had a rear wheel, fuel tank and all the nuts and bolts i would have something that resembles a bike :D

i plan on powder coating my frame black (or lime green) and getting the rear hub done blue (match the front) Also i might sand blast the swingarm back to bare metal and get the new style front fender and number plate from UFO to do a pro circuit kawasaki look.

I have rear spokes and a 9kg box of klx110 bolts coming haha and im looking at the sm pro rear wheel for sale one here :)

Any way here is a picture of all the parts i have so far..... (not my graphics)
PIC_0002.jpg

Just thought i'd give you guys a bit of a update haha

Im about to put in a huge order (one with all the main parts i still need haha) so i thought id chuck the bike together to make sure i wasnt missing anything. I still need a rear hub and i'll have a complete rear wheel (cheers #538).

I've painted the frame back and taken the fox float out of my 70 for my 110 haha

Anyway this is all you want so heres a pic haha :)

PIC_0005-1.jpg

Whats the go with the wiring you got? Is it the right wiring for the new model klx motors? Lookin good man :)

ahh i havent really done the wiring yet haha i'll get to it soon :)

And the black labels dont fit, I'm most likely going to have to get a new stem or juts get new triple clamps :( haha

Thanks for looking anyway

na the stems fine its just the bearings, i dont know if it will be easier changing the bearing or just buying a new triple clamps hahah

new bearing i did a dodge on my klx with gpx forks i just got the taper bearing innder bit bit and ground it till the stok klx bearing racer fit in it and used stock klx bearings haha was dodgy but workd fine and never had a problem

What is the specs on the triple clamp stem (Bearings surface OD)?

Upper 22.0mm
Lower 23.5mm

OR

Upper 22.5mm
Lower 24.0mm

You will need digital vernier calipers or micrometer to get an accurate measurement

Also what is the length of the stem?

If you cant use the triple clamps I may buy them off you

Sorry i havent replied to these hahah i havent got much of an update yet. I have bought a oem rear hub, and im about to pay for all the parts to get it rolling like axles, bearings, pegs, levers ect. I want this thing to be ride able as soon as i get the engine going, so thats why im sorting this stuff out first.

Im going to try sorting the forks out these holidays as i havent had much time to work on it :)

Latest posts

Back