Josh's KLX110 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers guys, its Christmas in July ;)

Gonna have a mini twin brother for the KX i see :)
Damn man it's gonna be off its tits when done lad, can't wait to see it together.
You need to get a custom green gripper seat with pleats made up for it I reckon, will just set it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Would i be right to say same graphics kit as the 125? is so it will look great!

Colour wise it's going to match the 125, but the graphics might be a little different but still have the same colour :) haven't made my mind up on the seat cover so I might keep that a surprise ;)

Whoops forgot to update this. So a couple of months ago i got the frame back, with the bearing seats freshly made. We decided to just make a cone shaped bearing seat for the GPX bearings rather than adjusting the fork stem to allow the OEM bearings to fit.

So now all the major tasks are done. Hopefully i have one order of parts to get this thing going. As soon as my 70 is sold I'll be able to finish with heaps of money spare to mod my kx125 engine :)

Parts on order:

- Rear Break Assembly
- Seat Cover
- Air Filter
- Rear Axle
- Tyres & Tubes
- Rear Spokes
- Throttle Assembly
- Kill Switch

Down the track I'm definitely going to have to get another fuel tank, the one i have now is horrible and doesn't line up with any of the plastics

Don't take much notice of the back wheel, the spokes are way to big so that's why it's sagging so low. I borrowed a mates wheel too see how it sits and it sits perfect. It's about an 1.5inches taller then stock and thats without tyres haha.

don't stress mate looks insane cant wait to see it when she's all done good stuff bud :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice clean build mate, looks feckin awesome.
Get cracking on it mate I wanna see more.

haha cheers fellas, just went back to the first post and realised how long this has taken, coming onto 2 years now, and the engine is still yet to be ever fired. Don't now how an engine copes with having the oil sit for so long?

My 70 should be sold next week, so it shouldn't be too long before this thing can FINALLY be finished.

Also I've finally finished school, so once I start full time work, these builds shouldn't take as long haha :blah:

hey mate the engine should be fine just sitting with oil in it aslong as you put the kickstart on her and just push it down with your hand so the piston is getting moved
ohh well done on finishing school wish I had of finished hahah

First of all this might be the longest build thread ever

It feels as if I took that on as a challenge to actually make it the longest build ever...

BUT!!! I finally pulled my finger out, and I now have some major updates to share.

Pauline-PE-NX1.jpg

Sorry fellas, posted that in a quick lunch break and forgot all about it. Cheers for all the comments though :)

I'll be honest, the bike isn't as complete as the front end pick. But it is very close to being "finished".

So since last time I have bought tyres, wiring harness and the throttle assembly.

- I still have to work out the wiring.

- New seat cover is on.

- I have to machine up some rear wheel spaces and an extended rear brake rod, but now that I've started working as a Machinist this year that shouldn't be an issue haha.

- Mounted the Yoshi pipe.

- I have to painfully cut the front fender to fit the air filter, as the rear facing BBR rear air filter mounts are crazy expensive.

- I have finished lacing and have true'd the rear wheel just tonight and I'll wheel it out of the shed tomorrow and give it's first ever wash and I'll be sure to post some full pics where I can at least pretend it's a running ;)

Here's a full, half decent shot taken the same time as the first photo.

the BBR U Flow filter ? $129

DSCN1357_resize.JPG

you could always fab up something like this ?

af1.jpg

Latest posts

Back