Josh's KLX110 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AussieMX

Reaction score
First of all this might be the longest build thread ever (due to only earning 50 bucks a week with a part time job :)) so i wouldnt hold your breathe on updates haha

I mainly started this thread early so i have somewhere to ask some questions as im pretty new at building bikes from scratch, and when i say pretty new i mean i've never done it before :)

My set-ups going to be a little different to others, i've bought GPX black label 660mm forks (yes china forks on a jap bike but really>>>:flipa:) and slipping them into klx110 clamps, it should keep that stockish size with my fox float and +3 swinger.

Im still waiting on shipping cost for my frame but so far i have ordered/waiting on:
- Stock Frame (thanks to woggy for helping me find one)
- +3 stock extended swinger
- Seat
- 2005 KLX110 bottom end with HD output shaft, Takegawa close ratio 4 speed transmission, TBR stroker crank, Takegawa 4th gear drum and a TB Manual Clutch
- Stock Top End
- Plastics
- GPX 660mm Forks
- Black rims and blue hub front wheel
- Fox Float

Thats about it, gonna wait for everthing to turn up and go from there, it should give me some time to sew up the hole i just burnt in my wallet too :D

ewww manual clutch & Gpx forks.... & they wont fit into stock KLX clamps, uh arrr no way

& i heard FLoats are to short for the KLX makes them chopper spec

all else sounds great mate!

fox will be the same size as the stock shock .

Should be good , it will never end tho remember that

haha thanks

im waiting on the forks to turn up to measure them before i order the clamps ;) im just taking the fox float out of my 70 first to try it out so it doesnt fit i'll get something else. Yeah i wasnt to keen on the manual clutch but engines are hard to come by lately especially how cheap i got this :)

Probably should of waited for a good deal on used zocchies but oh well

fox will be the same size as the stock shock .

Should be good , it will never end tho remember that

sure do mate, had to stop my self from buying stuff already and i haven't even recieved anything yet haha

I found hardiman moto realy helpfull . Just ring them and talk it over. They service fox shocks do all work on them in store

nice set up to start from! that bottom end spec is very nice, i believe stock top end with a crank makes a little under 125cc, will rip! 60mm barrel and race cam would be awesome though!

as said above the china fork legs will probably not fit the stock clamps but you should be able to find some clamps to fit- i'm selling some genuine marzocchi 35mm clamps for a klx but i'm in the UK.

what wheel and brake sets ups are you planning to run?

Thanks mate

Yeah i know the stock clamps wont fit haha, i would buy more engine upgrades but im on a very small amount of pay to build this, so im going the cheapest route :)

Not sure yet, obviously discs up front, and most likely drums out back.

she'll be a good motor as it is dude, a mate of mine is planning to run the same set up this year. when you need a top end rebuild the option will be there ;-)

get some pics up when the parts arrive!

thats the plan, i'll get it close to a full bike then slowly replace the cheap or used parts. Most likely i'll get zocchs down the road too.

And yeah of cause mate :)

i'd try and run a vm26, if that's too big try a 22. i'll ask my mate what he's planning to run

Ok looks like shipping for my engine is going to most likely cost around $450, since i'am shipping it with other parts as well. So im just going to get the parts, then keep my eyes open for an engine. :(

or the old wipper-snipper engine running on the back wheel haha

Latest posts

Back