Just picked up a motoswapped 2 stroke braaap.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serapaxson

Reaction score
G'day guys
I've recently purchased a Braaap That's been motor swapped to a water-cooled kx80 two stroke with power-band. I have a bit of work ahead of me as it's leaking oil and needs new plastics etc. but I believe once it's done it will be a nice little toy. I've been told it's a very quick little bike :)
Should be a bit of a drop down from riding my dads kx125 two stroke.
I live in Tasmania and considering braaap is a Tasmanian company parts are fairly cheap here. I only paid $400 for the bike and it is currently running :D
$_35.JPG
EZK2Vec.jpg

Welcome to Minirders mate.

Well you are the first person I have seen even attempt getting a vertical motor in a pitibke frame!!

Would definitely be interesting. Quite surprised it fitted height wise.

Keep us updated on the build.

It doesn't look like it fitted very well, They've cut a section of the frame out for the carby and there is very little room for an airfilter.

Seems like a good buy for $400,

hope the power band isn't about to break though

looks fat lol.. that's a technical job for sure, get some better pictures up bro. would be sick to see a vid of it running or riding !! would be mad to have a pitty that had band lol. kx 80 6 gears with 12 inch wheel... will the front wheel stay down when band hits lol ??

qVsnxem.jpg
I'm slowly getting somewhere with this build :)
The engine is finally coming together, Just waiting on a few parts to finish it off. Then i've got to look at the frame and see a better way of mounting it then was used previously.
$1500 in on the rebuild atm :O

Hello guys sorry for the long wait, but we are finally getting somewhere with this build the motor has finally been completed and has been mounted in the frame, not all went well tho, the previous owneers of the bike made it so the carb barely fit therefore no airfilter could be attached, We tried so many different things from bendy pipes to u bends but nothing would fit. Eventually we resorted to taking it to a fabrication shop and getting them to weld a new thinner bar into the frame so an airfilter will fit.
I apologize for the bad image quality I'm using a $30 phone as all my money is going into this build about $2200 in so far, way more costly than anticipated but it's going to be so worth it :D
Snapchat-1870429126.jpg
IMG_20170521_184459_857.jpg
Snapchat-1773531225.jpg
IMG_20170601_153344.jpg
Snapchat-187713524.jpg
Snapchat-782242749.jpg
IMG_20170601_153612_327.jpg
QM53OgV.jpg

Last edited:
Its going to be nuts with the powerband when it finished, Should be an awesome bike.
should be a weapon when its finished
What exhaust is it going to get or are you going to keep the motor fairly stock?

Its going to be nuts with the powerband when it finished, Should be an awesome bike.
should be a weapon when its finished
What exhaust is it going to get or are you going to keep the motor fairly stock?

Gonna keep stock for now, seeing as tho it's a 83 kx80 i beleive it's going to be hard to get aftermarket parts for it :/

yeah that would become an issue eventually when you want a bit more power.
Try this website, you would maybe be able to get just the parts that would fit then modify the other bits to fit
1983 Kawasaki KX80 Parts & Accessories | MX Store
that has some like bearings and other bits and bobs, that the website I like to look at for parts

Looks like the frame will be going back into the shop, they did a good job of welding a new pipe in, but there is still not enough clearance for the airfilter I'l get one on eventually xD

After a lot of work, and money, We have finally reached a stage where the bike is running well, apart from snapping chains and throwing them 1FdlEm5.jpgIMG_20170601_153344.jpgSnapchat-13841367.jpg

After all this hard work, We finally have a bike that i'm happy with, just a few little things left to tinker with like the front suspension not working apart from that I'm loving it so far.

After all this hard work, We finally have a bike that i'm happy with, just a few little things left to tinker with like the front suspension not working apart from that I'm loving it so far.

Haha yeah nice man! The sound trips me out hearing a 2stroke sound coming from a pit bike, But looks like she goes good! Good work on the build

Haha yeah nice man! The sound trips me out hearing a 2stroke sound coming from a pit bike, But looks like she goes good! Good work on the build
Cheers mate, I'm loving it. Just got to figure out why the front suspension won't move bit harsh on the arms.

Latest posts

Back