keihin pe 28 carby

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prox666

Reaction score
Just for anyone that wants to know the keihin pe28mm carb is very good I noticed a big diffrence over the oko26mm.
And it was a bolt on and ride job started second kick runs nealy perfect stright out the box .
It is on my yx with 63mm bore and stock yx head
Its well worth the lil bit more $ than oko u will feal the diffrenc
Once I look wat size jet are in it I will post it up

Last edited:
Ahhh yes please post up jetting, I have the same combo as you

Yeah i agree the PE28 is one of the best setups available I've tried the oko 26 and pwk 33 and I've gone back to my PE28 on my 190 the bike goes heaps harder and has excellent smooth transition too

Wat was wrong with the pwk33 I thought they were ment for the 190

They are and it runs ok with it but i like the characteristics of the PE28 better ... A lot better torque band and just better running all round . The 190 is suited for either the 28 or 33 depends on what sort of power curve you are after and i rather the PE thats all

so your saying the smaller carb provides better torque and the bigger carb more power?

that would make sense if they are anything at all like a car carb.. go to big and you lose a lot of bottom end grunt but make more power in the higher rev range

so your saying the smaller carb provides better torque and the bigger carb more power?

that would make sense if they are anything at all like a car carb.. go to big and you lose a lot of bottom end grunt but make more power in the higher rev range

You got it champ thats spot on

yeah, the bigger the carb, the more top end power, but less bottom end, and the smaller the carb the more bottom end, but with less top end.

ha! you should see my lack of understanding sometimes! but thats what we are here for-to learn! the smartest man know he knows nothing :)

Ahhh yes please post up jetting, I have the same combo as you
Ok so the pe28 I got came with a40 main jet
And a 125poilet jet with the cilp 3down from top it runs well but I need sum more jet sizes to try

Thats what they all come with stock 40 pilot / 125 main JFN needle middle clip and a 3.0 slid if i recall correctly...

Ive got some spares here jets a jfq needle and a 2.5 slide all for a pe28

I actually only changed the pilot to a 42 in mine and left all the other bits stock and my 190 loves it

Im keen to try em wats the shorter slide do I didnt no they came in diffrent sizes
Also my spare oko jets I have say k45 on poilet and k104 on the main
The main jet fit but the poilet jet wouldent screw in as far as the main jet that came in the carby very close

Last edited:
2.5 slide isn't shorter it just has a smaller cut out of the bottom to allow less air in `which i used on my 150 anima with a jfq needle (leaner) with the 190 i use a higher cutout 3.0 slide and a richer jfn needle with the exact same jets and it runs smick the 3.0 slide is better on bigger bore motors as is the jfn needle ...

What cc motor are you trying to setup the carb on ??

Thats what they all come with stock 40 pilot / 125 main JFN needle middle clip and a 3.0 slid if i recall correctly...

Ive got some spares here jets a jfq needle and a 2.5 slide all for a pe28
U havent got q 110 or 115 main jet there thats spare

Latest posts

Back